The Student Room Group

Another how good are my results thread...

I am sorry I had to post this but I'm not sure if my results are good enough for the course I would like to do, being aeronautical/mechanical engineering or physics at oxbridge.

GCSE's

Maths - A*
Physics - A*
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
English Language - A
English Literature - A
Statistics - A
Media Studies - A
History - B
German - C

I also failed french GCSE due to loss of coursework and having 4 very bad teachers (excuses I know) - grade E

I am currently studying
Maths (AS/A2) C1-4, S1, M1
Further Maths (AS/A2) FP1-3, M2-5
Chemistry (AS)
Physics (linear A level)
EPQ (designing an electrical product)

I will be studying AEA (advanced extension award) in year 13, maybe considering STEP too

Im hoping to get A's in my AS levels for those subjects
Im hoping to get A*A*A at A2 (with A* in physics and reg maths)

Do I have a chance of achieving my goals, be brutally honest
I really do think you're on the right path to achieving your goals, you've got some good results there and anything is possible once you put your mind to it. As long as you can really back up why you want to do the course and put a strong point across then I don't see why not.

Not 100% on what the AEA is, but what you're hoping to get and what you got in GCSES shows you'll be more than capable.
Reply 2
Original post by liamjoseph
I really do think you're on the right path to achieving your goals, you've got some good results there and anything is possible once you put your mind to it. As long as you can really back up why you want to do the course and put a strong point across then I don't see why not.

Not 100% on what the AEA is, but what you're hoping to get and what you got in GCSES shows you'll be more than capable.

I found it difficult posting this thread because I feel like I'm bragging. Thank you for your kind words.

The AEA is the "Advanced Extension Award" for mathematics. It is similar to the STEP award however aimed at the top 15% of students as opposed to top 5%.
lol
Original post by xyz9856
I found it difficult posting this thread because I feel like I'm bragging. Thank you for your kind words.

The AEA is the "Advanced Extension Award" for mathematics. It is similar to the STEP award however aimed at the top 15% of students as opposed to top 5%.

it's fine, honestly you're not, this is what the forum is for:}

I really do think you'll be fine, you're showing a positive attitude and thats a good thing. I wish you every bit of luck and success!

and ah, see that's a good achievement! well done!
Wow! What an achievement!
keep doing what you're doing and you should be fine. you are definitely on the right path to be able to achieve your goals!
just remember these tips
1. revise
2. revise
3. revise again :tongue:
But don't forget to have fun!

Quick Reply

Latest