The Student Room Group

if the interview seemed relatively okay, is that a bad thing?

Hey everyone, I had my HSPS interview on the 7th and I went in expecting questions like: 'how do you know you are real', or 'convince me that this table doesn't exist' or something like that, but they just asked me about my written work and the texts I'd read. Don't get me wrong,by no means were the questions easy ,but I was expecting them to be harder.
A teacher at my school kept repeating to me that if the interview is really tough then you've probably got a place, do you guys know if there's any truth in that?

Reply 1
I think it really depends on the subject, for a subject like HSPS there isn't really any super weird or challenging questions they can ask, I think the point of interviews for HSPS is just seeing if you have enough knowledge and the analytical skills it required to engage with the course, hence why they probably asked you about your own work.
I also applied for HSPS and they asked me about stuff I'd studied in school and current political affairs.
Original post by falloutboy3
Hey everyone, I had my HSPS interview on the 7th and I went in expecting questions like: 'how do you know you are real', or 'convince me that this table doesn't exist' or something like that, but they just asked me about my written work and the texts I'd read. Don't get me wrong,by no means were the questions easy ,but I was expecting them to be harder.
A teacher at my school kept repeating to me that if the interview is really tough then you've probably got a place, do you guys know if there's any truth in that?

I don't think so. I think people are probably pretty bad at predicting how their interview has gone.
Reply 3
Original post by falloutboy3

Your teacher is talking b*llocks. My son was comfortable with his interviews and got an offer (last year).

Anyway, it is what it is. You'll know for sure on the 12th... good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending