Turn on thread page Beta

How many records do you own? watch

ReputationRep:
    I mean proper records, not MP3s or any other taped things. I mean proper original media.

I have about 150 CDs and 60 vinyl LPs. My vinyl collection is probably worth twice that of my CD collection as I have some quite rare stuff in it.

I've got about nearly 200 hundred cd's.

ReputationRep:
    bout 140 i would say, maybe a few more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I mean proper records, not MP3s or any other taped things. I mean proper original media.

I have about 150 CDs and 60 vinyl LPs. My vinyl collection is probably worth twice that of my CD collection as I have some quite rare stuff in it.
    500 cds, 300 12''

ReputationRep:
    Probably 200ish CDs.

ReputationRep:
    I am indexing all my entire collection and I intend to put it on one my website, I am doing a stock take of my vinyl and seems I have a lot more than I thought. Indexing my CDs will be a nightmare because they are all over the place.

ReputationRep:
    I've got about 500 CD Albums, 100 CD singles, 250 12'' and 50 7''

Thinking about how much i've spent on records over the years scares me....

ReputationRep:
    got about 150 albums I think, dont really buy singles

ReputationRep:
    i've got about 230 cds and 45 12"s. vinyl is all really rare.

ReputationRep:
    Only about 100cds and like 10 cd singles, about 10-20 tapes I guess.
    Went through a massive phase of using kazaa/imesh and putting it straight onto MD.

ReputationRep:
    I have about 50 - not that many, but my sister likes the same stuff so I just nick hers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maz_superstar)
    I've got about nearly 200 hundred cd's.
    200 hundred that's like 20000. Very impressive...
    Hehe

I've got about 250. I even remember the first album I bought: Kylie Minogue's first album. What was I thinking. Then again I was 7 or 8.
    Gone through so many musical phases that I've collected a lot from the past. From old 90's electro and euro dance to alternative rock to folk rock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I am indexing all my entire collection and I intend to put it on one my website, I am doing a stock take of my vinyl and seems I have a lot more than I thought. Indexing my CDs will be a nightmare because they are all over the place.
    yea im doing a stock take in alphabetical order this summer..very useful

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, what proportion of peoples CD collections that they're quoting are copied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Just out of interest, what proportion of peoples CD collections that they're quoting are copied?
    none...i prefer to buy my music...especially music by lesser known artists...I do download alot of music, never full albums mind, and I always make a point of buying the album if I like a song i've downloaded.

ReputationRep:
    none of my 500 or so copies are copied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    none...i prefer to buy my music...especially music by lesser known artists...I do download alot of music, never full albums mind, and I always make a point of buying the album if I like a song i've downloaded.
    Likewise, it spoils it for me not having the proper artwork in CDs. And it's not like they're expensive anymore, with the internet and cheap shops like Fopp and Music Zone. You can get back catalogue cds for £5-6 and new releases for £9-10 easily, so that doesn't bother me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an audiophile and if you put junk in (i.e copied CDs) you get junk out. It is possible to get near accurate copies with a decent writer and high quality CD but albums are so cheap its pointless and its just not the same copied. I have two copied CDs, all the rest are original.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I see copies as tempory measures before I go and get the proper version, I throw away most copies I make within a month.

ReputationRep:
    None. I have some copied CDs but wasn't including them in the total. If I like the album enough, I buy it; copies are more a try-before-you-buy thing for me, and I love music so if it's a good album I want to have the real thing. I do download a lot of MP3s for individual tracks which often aren't on albums or released in the UK, but I tend just to listen to them on my PC/MP3 player, or burn them onto compilation CDs to play in my car

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.