Turn on thread page Beta

How many records do you own? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I'm an audiophile and if you put junk in (i.e copied CDs) you get junk out. It is possible to get near accurate copies with a decent writer and high quality CD but albums are so cheap its pointless and its just not the same copied. I have two copied CDs, all the rest are original.
    at youd know, original cds quality is a million times better than copies

ReputationRep:
    About 120 CDs, and maybe 5 records .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    at youd know, original cds quality is a million times better than copies
    If you copy CD to CD and use a decent writer and a decent CD (they cost around £2 each unless you get from richer sounds) they can sound near identical becuase all you're doing it copying binary digits. However if you use a cheap CD and writer those binary digits are not accurate enough and its reflected in the poor sound.

The worst copies are MP3 to CD ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    If you copy CD to CD and use a decent writer and a decent CD (they cost around £2 each unless you get from richer sounds) they can sound near identical becuase all you're doing it copying binary digits. However if you use a cheap CD and writer those binary digits are not accurate enough and its reflected in the poor sound.

The worst copies are MP3 to CD ones.
    indeed, mp3 to cd is terrible, i know some people who convert mp3 to wma to minimize the size, but compressing data twice using two different techniques seriously ****s it up

ReputationRep:
    about 30 of my cds are copied. i personally don't notice the sound difference (i have ****ed up hearing ) so it has no impact on me. however, these cds are albums i'm not so bothered about; if i download an album or have a copy made it's usually so i can see if it's worth buying later. and i usually do, unless i fall on hard times and have to start selling off my cds, then i copy the cds before sending them out, maybe to buy them back later.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.