How to revise for the new Science A level specifications

Watch
TheMagicalWizard
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey! I'm a year 12 student currently studying both OCR Biology and Chemistry. Usually to revise you get spammed with numerous people telling you to do past papers... But for the new sciences you can't because the course has changed.... So my question to you is how should I revise efficiently? I guess I could wait to the end of the year to see the style of AS exams as they will look like the A2 ones? Any advice is welcomed

Regards
Luke

Lauren99
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing the new OCR Biology and AQA physics courses and all of my teachers have said that the specimen papers aren't helpful because they're never like the actual exams. All of the tests we've had so far have been based on the old courses, for physics and chemistry they haven't changed that much so you should be okay doing the past papers. As for Biology I'm going to be looking at all of the questions in the textbook. I'm still going to look at past papers for the old spec but your teachers might have some useful resources for you if you ask.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (218)
43.6%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (38)
7.6%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.2%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.4%

Watched Threads