The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Economics Unit 4 6EC04 (June 23rd 2016) Exam Thread

Here are some resources to start off

Scroll to see replies

Some more resources NOT IN ANY FILES ABOVE
if you are looking for some basic notes that are concise and precise, head over to post #14, this is post #2, so just a slight scrolling is needed.
(edited 7 years ago)
A few sample responses - not recommended for last minute revision though - stolen from AQA thread but will help us anyways
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Muadia
This is really good thank you :smile:. I wanted to know if you were still starting up a WhatsApp group in February?

Focus on your mocks at the moment.
Moreover, forgive the capitalization I just want to make my message clear.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
You're doing an excellent job :smile:
Original post by Windies
You're doing an excellent job :smile:

Thanks for the love. I just compile and research tho!
any tips for unit 4? my teacher keeps saying i lack economic terms and detail?
Original post by scrawlx101

read the news on the daily for the next six months. I prefer if you just follow a few business websites, my fav is this one below

http://www.theguardian.com/business/economics

And practice writing out whole essays under timed conditions.

And as for economics terms,
http://econsguide.blogspot.hk/2010/05/handy-definitions-glossary-for-unit-4.html

http://www.cram.com/flashcards/edexcel-a2-economics-unit-4-2892289

print these if possible ....

https://getrevising.co.uk/resources/edexcel_unit_4_economics
Reply 11

The syllabus may have changed for this year? Used this revision guide when I did it, excellent and succinct resource.
Read a couple articles from the economist and BBC economy section, that'll reinforce knowledge and give you context that you can relate to/use in your answers.
The key really, which I guess is the same regardless of the subject, is to make sure you really do fully understand a topic - so that includes the definitions, the analysis, the evaluation etc.
Revision guide for Unit 4

(includes evaluation here and there)
how do i answer a question about cutting public expenditure rather than increasing taxation?

I have these points

High Tax results in disincentive effects e.g. consumption falls (big part of AD) and consumer/business confidence falls

High Tax results in FDI falling due to increasing corporation tax resulting in less profit

cutting public expenditure by giving projects to the private sector may result in an efficient allocation of resources due to profit motive assuming competition

cutting public expenditure results in less interest repayments/less loan repayments making the national debt smaller?

Is that okay for a 30 marker(each point expanded)
Reply 14
Hi Everyone, has anybody got any unit 4 Transport Economics OCR Notes?? :smile:
What does the Multi-dimensional Poverty Index measure? HDI and HPI are obvious as they are basically opposite measurements, but I'm having trouble understanding what the purpose of MPI is.
Original post by NotNotBatman
What does the Multi-dimensional Poverty Index measure? HDI and HPI are obvious as they are basically opposite measurements, but I'm having trouble understanding what the purpose of MPI is.

You can find information online, the purpose of it is to have another way of measuring poverty. In my view not needed for the course.
how do i answer a question about cutting public expenditure rather than increasing taxation?

I have these points

High Tax results in disincentive effects e.g. consumption falls (big part of AD) and consumer/business confidence falls

High Tax results in FDI falling due to increasing corporation tax resulting in less profit

cutting public expenditure by giving projects to the private sector may result in an efficient allocation of resources due to profit motive assuming competition

cutting public expenditure results in less interest repayments/less loan repayments making the national debt smaller?

Is that okay for a 30 marker(each point expanded)

For 30 marks you need 4 points and 3 evaluations. Reference to disincentive effects should be made linked to the labour market. For a L4/L5 response I would expect reference to the crowding out effect, Lorenz curve and laffer curve.
@keynes24 got a C 20/30...need to focus on unit 4...
Original post by fedorahat88
I WILL start a group in Feb for Edexcel. PM if interested.
Focus on your mocks at the moment.
Moreover, forgive the capitalization I just want to make my message clear.

really interested in being aprt of that group. If you have already ste it up do you think you could throw me a link

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest