llanber
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi please can you help me my school hasnt been much help, neither has UCAS or Warwick who i emailed..If I accept an unconditional offer do I get an insurance? UoN gave me an unconditional if I firm but I also really like Exeter so could I put that as an insurance and come results day if I got the grades for exeter could I reject the unconditional offer after its been firmed and go to exeter?Thanks
Punk_Rock_Socks
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by llanber)
Hi please can you help me my school hasnt been much help, neither has UCAS or Warwick who i emailed..If I accept an unconditional offer do I get an insurance? UoN gave me an unconditional if I firm but I also really like Exeter so could I put that as an insurance and come results day if I got the grades for exeter could I reject the unconditional offer after its been firmed and go to exeter?Thanks
Hello! congratulations on the offer!
If you firm an unconditional, you don't get an insurance choice and your other offers disappear
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No, a firm unconditional is all you can hold. You can, however, have a conditional firm and an unconditional insurance if the terms of your unconditional offer allows you to use it as an insurance. Most of the unconditional offers being made lately require them to be firmed, and if they aren't, they revert to being conditional.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The offer will be conditional at the moment - the uni will only change it after you have firmed it. So yes, in this situation you can have an insurance, as at the point you form it the offer will be conditional.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As above - if you go for this option, you can initially add an Insurance but this WILL disappear when the Uni turns your Firm to Unconditional. And you cannot change this once the Uni has done this.

Although an Unconditional offer may seem like a dream offer, you do need to think very carefully before you accept it and not be swayed by the 'Unconditional' bit - ie. IS it actually the course you really want to do, is the Uni really the place you want to be, or is it the offer alone that is pushing this?

More advice here about this situation within this TSR article about Making Firm & Insurance Choices - recommended reading - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...urance-choices
BekahMay
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you rejected your firm choice on results day you get put into clearing as your insurance choice is removed as soon as you meet your firm offer
I assume its only unconditional of you firm the offer in which case you get no insurance so you might want to properly look into which one you prefer
If its a full unconditional then you could insure it and firm Exeter
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (400)
43.62%
No (94)
10.25%
I'm not old enough (423)
46.13%

Watched Threads