The Student Room Group

Ice Skating

I'm going ice skating and I was wondering if it was okay to wear a flowy skirt with leggings. I'm not the best skater but I will probably only fall once or maybe twice.
Is it like a date or just going for fun?
Reply 2
Original post by SmashConcept
Is it like a date or just going for fun?

It's to a friends birthday party. we are going for dinner afterwards
Also the rink is indoors
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Why wouldn't it be ok? You could take a change of clothes if you're worried? Last time I went most people were in jeans, but there were a few girls in skirts I think.
Original post by Latkin58
It's to a friends birthday party. we are going for dinner afterwards
Also the rink is indoors

I'd wear different clothes for exercising than I would for going to dinner.
Original post by Latkin58
I'm going ice skating and I was wondering if it was okay to wear a flowy skirt with leggings. I'm not the best skater but I will probably only fall once or maybe twice.

I go in trousers and a t-shirt and if you move around a lot the only thing that gets cold are your ears so bring a hat tbh the rest does not matter to much unless you just sleep on the side.
Reply 6
Original post by Konanabanana
I go in trousers and a t-shirt and if you move around a lot the only thing that gets cold are your ears so bring a hat tbh the rest does not matter to much unless you just sleep on the side.

I'd say gloves were useful too. But yeah I had jeans and a hoody on and was nice and toasty, surprising really that it isn't colder in there.
Reply 7
Thanks everyone! I ended up digging out a skort I had from the back of my wardrobe. I looked good for the dinner, and didn't have any incidents falling over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending