The Student Room Group

open university

Is it possible to study at GEM level if I do a open univesity course? And following that, if I am unsuccessful, can I go back to doing another OU course?
Original post by 1lastchance
Is it possible to study at GEM level if I do a open univesity course? And following that, if I am unsuccessful, can I go back to doing another OU course?

There is no such thing as an OU/Distance learning medicine degree. However, you could look into doing an OU science degree and then GEM at a later date?

I believe with the OU you build your degree one module at a time so can really tailor it to your interests. Plus I think (but not sure) you can get funding for it if it is your first degree?
Reply 2
You can apply to GEM with an OU degree (in a relevant science subject), yes. If you don't get in then of course you can do another course at the OU, if you have the money for it.
Original post by neuronerd

I believe with the OU you build your degree one module at a time so can really tailor it to your interests. Plus I think (but not sure) you can get funding for it if it is your first degree?

You can study up to 120 credits at a time. Many modules are 30 credits; but some are 60 credits.
Reply 4

Is a relevant subject Philosophy and Psychology or should I study Natural Sciences instead?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Do you know whether it is more expensive to study at university compared to with the OU? (Not taking account of living expenses - purely costs of studying).
Original post by 1lastchance

Is a relevant subject Philosophy and Psychology or should I study Natural Sciences instead?

Natural sciences are far more relevant but some unis will accept any degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending