The Student Room Group

AS ICT OCR coursework-dead :(

i need ICT experts!!! who can do VBA coding
i have contacted many of the tsr people but they aren't replying me at alllllll and i am so depressed
i have tried my best but failing to complete the task, everyone else in my class done it but they rejecting to help me so i am middle of nowhere
please please it would be so kind of u if u can help me!!!
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by fatima1998
i need ICT experts!!! who can do VBA coding
i have contacted many of the tsr people but they aren't replying me at alllllll and i am so depressed
i have tried my best but failing to complete the task, everyone else in my class done it but they rejecting to help me so i am middle of nowhere
please please it would be so kind of u if u can help me!!!
Thanks

@spotify95, you should know how to do it
Original post by Andy98
@spotify95, you should know how to do it

VBA Coding? Can't recall it off the top of my head, what program is it on?
Reply 3
Original post by spotify95
VBA Coding? Can't recall it off the top of my head, what program is it on?

Excel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
You will get more luck asking specific questions rather than "I need help" describe the problem and what you dont understand.
Reply 5
Original post by INTit
You will get more luck asking specific questions rather than "I need help" describe the problem and what you dont understand.

okay!!!
I swear... i have asked about 20 people here and out of 20 only 4 people replied and on that only 1 person is helping me...
made about 10 threads but no one replied... with different thread names but nothing seems to work
now what's my fault?

i just want help on VBA coding? if u familiar with that
okay!!!
I swear... i have asked about 20 people here and out of 20 only 4 people replied and on that only 1 person is helping me...
made about 10 threads but no one replied... with different thread names but nothing seems to work
now what's my fault?

Lol VBA coding 2 ez. Did this back on my spreadsheet work in highschool easily got A* and blown mind of It teacher....
okay!!!
now what's my fault?

Its your coursework ur meant to do it yourself we can't help you generically thats called cheating we can answer specific questions tho, You sound as though you are entitled to help or something why don't you help yourself? This is not gcse it....
Reply 8
Original post by Xenon17
Its your coursework ur meant to do it yourself we can't help you generically thats called cheating we can answer specific questions tho, You sound as though you are entitled to help or something why don't you help yourself? This is not gcse it....

i spent three days searching on the google but haven't found anything!!!
and i have never come across with this VBA coding but worked as much as i could :frown:
now when i am stuck... i asked for help
i spent three days searching on the google but haven't found anything!!!
and i have never come across with this VBA coding but worked as much as i could :frown:
now when i am stuck... i asked for help

lol its 'google' not 'the google' it's not as though you were forced to do AS ICT you're the one who chose it, don't complain its difficult.
Original post by Xenon17
lol its 'google' not 'the google' it's not as though you were forced to do AS ICT you're the one who chose it, don't complain its difficult.

i got an A in ICT gcse and i liked it
but i never know that vba is a thing until this task
also my teacher never told told us about vba at all

In which case, I should be able to have a go at it, since I am usually good at Excel!
Reply 12
okay!!!
now what's my fault?

I did VBA long time ago so probably forgotten most of it but I will likely be able to help with my experience.

If you want to become good with Computer Science/ICT you've got to learn how to teach yourself and part of that is knowing how to ask questions that will get answered.
You need to put effort into the question: provide context, articulate it clearly and explain what you have done so far.

This ensures theres no confusion as to whats being asked, shows a willingness to learn and if somebody immediatly knows the answer he can simply tell you without long conversation. Dont discuss the question in PM make it public so that others can get involved and people who stumble across it in the future can be helped.

You write questions like that and people will want to help you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by spotify95
In which case, I should be able to have a go at it, since I am usually good at Excel!

I know, hence why I tagged you:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I know, hence why I tagged you:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Original post by INTit
I did VBA long time ago so probably forgotten most of it but I will likely be able to help. If you want to be good with Computer Science/ICT you've got to learn how to teach yourself and part of that is knowing how to ask the questions:
You need to put effort into the question: provide context, articulate it clearly and explain what you have done so far.

This ensures theres no confusion as to whats being asked, shows a willingness to learn and if somebody immediatly knows the answer he can simply tell you without long conversation. Dont ask the question in PM make it public so that others can get involved and people who stumble across it in the future can be helped.

You write questions like that and people will want to help you.

Sorry my bad!!! i could have provided information so people will be able to help me... i'll make sure that i will do it next time :smile:
i'll send u pm because it has code which i don't want to share here
Learn VBA. There's a billion and one tutorials.

Describe the part you are specifically stuck with so they can point you towards guidance and give you a starting point to go and solve the problem. If you are completely screwed then talk to your teacher.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Learn VBA. There's a billion and one tutorials.

Describe the part you are specifically stuck with so they can point you towards guidance and give you a starting point to go and solve the problem. If you are completely screwed then talk to your teacher.

i have watched tutorials and nothing seems to answer my question!
and i am not completely screwed it's just 2 or 3 bits i am stuck on...
i have never come across with VBA coding, and our teacher never taught us too
i have tried my best to do it as much as i could...
i cannot post the problem here because it got coding so i dont want to share here...
if you willing to help me, i can send you pm?
i have watched tutorials and nothing seems to answer my question!
and i am not completely screwed it's just 2 or 3 bits i am stuck on...
i have never come across with VBA coding, and our teacher never taught us too
i have tried my best to do it as much as i could...
i cannot post the problem here because it got coding so i dont want to share here...
if you willing to help me, i can send you pm?

You can PM me but it won't do you much help if you're look for an answer rather than advice. I'm a computing teacher so I might have a couple of ideas though.
Reply 19
Original post by ParadoxSocks
You can PM me but it won't do you much help if you're look for an answer rather than advice. I'm a computing teacher so I might have a couple of ideas though.

It's basically creating a button to change the values of certain cells; it's the way those cells should interact that makes it hard for me to help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending