The Student Room Group

GCSE edexcel maths

highest grade boundary for gcse edexcel maths?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ameenatariq
highest grade boundary for gcse edexcel maths?

u can find it by yourself!!!
it's not difficult to do it, just go to Edexcel website and check it out
but y do u need the highest grade boundaries
When I did it (2014) it was 169 for an A* I think, could have been 171 but not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fatima1998
u can find it by yourself!!!
it's not difficult to do it, just go to Edexcel website and check it out
but y do u need the highest grade boundaries

yeah i know i can find it myself its a bit obvious that i did and then came onto here to ask ;/ so i know i need to score that minimum mark.
Original post by eternaforest
When I did it (2014) it was 169 for an A* I think, could have been 171 but not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh okay thanks!

yeah i know that thanks anyways, do you think it will be similar this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no it wasn't. thats when i did it and i remember it being 164.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
lol your thinking about grade boundaries already? Thats extra information your aim now is to answer every possible question in the past papers and not to worry about these things?
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
no it wasn't. thats when i did it and i remember it being 164.

169 was for the mock then we did
169 was for the mock then we did

yeah the MOCK... not the actual gcse. 169 was the grade boundary for our mock also, but it was 164 for the real thing.

The grade boundaries are decided AFTER papers have been marked. The C grade has to be inline with the cohort achievement at KS2.

No-one can predict it now.
yeah the MOCK... not the actual gcse. 169 was the grade boundary for our mock also, but it was 164 for the real thing.

Yeah i don't actually remember looking at the boundary for the real gcse I just assumed it would be the same or roughly the same as the mock paper. I always thought for an A* it would be over 180 or more at least
Yeah i don't actually remember looking at the boundary for the real gcse I just assumed it would be the same or roughly the same as the mock paper. I always thought for an A* it would be over 180 or more at least

you thought u would need 90% for an A*? its always around 80-85%.
you thought u would need 90% for an A*? its always around 80-85%.

I would've thought 80% for A, 90% for A* i mean last year's 155 for A* seemed a tad bit low. I looked at the paper and I found the 2014 to be more challenging :frown:
I would've thought 80% for A, 90% for A* i mean last year's 155 for A* seemed a tad bit low. I looked at the paper and I found the 2014 to be more challenging :frown:

yes 155 is ridiculously low... from what i've heard the 2015 paper really didn't seem that bad. people just made a big deal about some 'hannah's sweets' question. i think the calibre of students was probably lower.

No idea, on AQA not on edexcel so idk how much they vary each year x
yes 155 is ridiculously low... from what i've heard the 2015 paper really didn't seem that bad. people just made a big deal about some 'hannah's sweets' question. i think the calibre of students was probably lower.

And that question wasn't that hard tbh

"the calibre of students was probably lower" harsh but probably true haha :laugh:
Original post by kb12345
lol your thinking about grade boundaries already? Thats extra information your aim now is to answer every possible question in the past papers and not to worry about these things?

yeah obviously i want to get every question right but there are always those few questions where you struggle and take time, i just want to keep in mind a boundary that i have to exceed i don't see anything wrong with that.
Original post by Muttley79
The grade boundaries are decided AFTER papers have been marked. The C grade has to be inline with the cohort achievement at KS2.

No-one can predict it now.

what do you mean no one can predict it now? :/

Quick Reply

Latest