username2281157
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm currently in year 11 and for university I'm planning on doing either chartered accounting or economics. Obviously from a chartered accounting degree I would become a chartered accountant. But what are best jobs from an economics degree at a decent uni? Also how are they vs chartered accounting?
OrionMusicNet
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HamzahPatel)
I'm currently in year 11 and for university I'm planning on doing either chartered accounting or economics. Obviously from a chartered accounting degree I would become a chartered accountant. But what are best jobs from an economics degree at a decent uni? Also how are they vs chartered accounting?
Generally most jobs in finance I would believe. Possibly accounting, investment banking, financial analyst etc... Those are the ones I think I have heard of, hopefully someone else can add more helpful advice.
Coollad1999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can become an accountant with an economics degree but it will take a lot longer to qualify so an accounting degree is better for becoming chartered accountant. For banking most employers care far more about the uni than the course but for trading in a bank it is better to have an economics degree as it is more quanititative.

Typical jobs with an economics degree: front office investment banking (m&a, corporate finance), trading, asset management, consulting (mostly in big4 and MBB), accounting, back office banking (risk, operations), actuarial (although it is better if you do an actuarial science degree for this), working in civil service/ Bank of England/ economist within a company or with an NGO or charity and teaching.

I ordered those jobs from most desired to least popular, in my opinion anyway.
Ads.m
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there, i am in a similar position to you and wondering the same question. Maybe you could give me some advice once you understand for yourself...Advice in real life that is...
kieran12321LFC
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ads.m)
Hi there, i am in a similar position to you and wondering the same question. Maybe you could give me some advice once you understand for yourself...
Generally you're more likely to earn much more money with Economics than with Accounting and Finance, most ex polys offer Accounting and Finance but don't offer Economics
username2281157
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Ads.m)
Hi there, i am in a similar position to you and wondering the same question. Maybe you could give me some advice once you understand for yourself...Advice in real life that is...
Cool lets meet up Monday 8:40 outside EN4 :beer:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (229)
60.9%
No (78)
20.74%
Not sure (69)
18.35%

Watched Threads