What's been going on with TSR? Watch

oceane
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
For my 2 cents on it all:

Wow, TSR has lost a lot of key ppl in a very short space of time. I don't often come to this section of the site and have only ever gleaned gossip about the behind-the-scenes, here and there.

What strikes me about these events is it just shows that when you're running a business,u can't forget people are the key commodity. Sure, u have take a hard business line sometimes but this has obviously been a line too far, where trust was broken, and the key people felt disrespected.

The creator of this site has put a huge amount of effort and talent into TSR and I hope this event isn't a fatal blow to it as it genuinely deserves to go on. Hopefully it'll be an alarm bell, and maybe the management can have some honest self-reflection as to how it got to this point.

After all, when u get such a sizeable element of your staff signalling their discontent - it's not just one disgruntled employee, these are individuals, moderators whose characters are part of the TSR scenery in addition to evidently having dedicated a lot of work - it's time to stop being defensive and having a 'it's him not me mentality'.

All businesses need to change and get sharper, and it was probably really commercially sound to try and get the 'TSR enterprise' into the bigger money arena. But it seems it's no coincidence that this crisis has come so soon after the appointment of J.

It's got to be hard being new and trying to tell well established ppl how things could be improved, but there are ways of doing it without riding roughshod.

Personally, I think J should tread carefully here, back down and stay behind the scenes. It should be the owner making regular updates, and much as up-to-the-minute transparency is a great thing for an online community to have, at the moment it seems really unprofessional - he did this, he did that. At the end of the day, the content of these posts says more about the management than Pig. It comes across as quite vulgar, and suddenly TSR doesn't seem like a very professional job any more.

It's a good site, I like using it even if I don't take part a great deal in it, and hope it carries on.
That's my 2 cents done
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
gossamerthreads is online now, does that mean we're getting plug ins back?
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by oceane)
Personally, I think J should tread carefully here, back down and stay behind the scenes. It should be the owner making regular updates, and much as up-to-the-minute transparency is a great thing for an online community to have, at the moment it seems really unprofessional - he did this, he did that. At the end of the day, the content of these posts says more about the management than Pig. It comes across as quite vulgar, and suddenly TSR doesn't seem like a very professional job any more.
I think the transparency is actually very professional. It is not vulgar, not once did J criticise Pig in that post.

Commendations.
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is anyone else finding this really exciting? I feel like I'm watching some kind of thriller. Though I guess thats easier if you're not as emotionally attached to the forum.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
What J said matches a bit with what some of the now ex mods were saying yesterday.

However I am not taking sides. I am not sure Billy will be too happy about his surname being published, but then that is not is surname is it
If you do a search for posts by babypig - you can find the surname there?
Sweyn Forkbeard
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh, the drama. :rolleyes:

I don't know how people didn't realise that 'Billy Bell' was a pretty likely joke name that pig gave out. I mean, he might not even be called Billy. People use pseudonyms on the Internet all the time.
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_BellPIGGEH IS TEH OLDZ DUDZ LOLZ
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Will)
Oh, the drama. :rolleyes:

I don't know how people didn't realise that 'Billy Bell' was a pretty likely joke name that pig gave out. I mean, he might not even be called Billy. People use pseudonyms on the Internet all the time.
Well.. who said my real name was Ziggy Stardust !?
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
its florance
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
its florance
Close.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
penis breath?
Sweyn Forkbeard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Florence...
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:rolleyes: i know where you live will...
Sweyn Forkbeard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No you don't. :flute:

I shall have to send my centipedes after you now.
:centipe:
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
oh i know you Will, andyou know i do :p:
Jennybean
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
oh i know you Will, andyou know i do :p:
Hands off you slutty nurse! :mad:
filastini
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Jennybean)
Hands off you slutty nurse! :mad:
^o)
supernova2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ok I haven't read any of this since the 3rd page or so. Just 1 question: how or where can I access this nude photo page; REP FOR ANSWERS LOLZ
Jennybean
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 37927)
^o)
What?
Sweyn Forkbeard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by supernova2)
Ok I haven't read any of this since the 3rd page or so. Just 1 question: how or where can I access this nude photo page; REP FOR ANSWERS LOLZ
If you're on Windows, you need to press Ctrl+Alt+Del, then terminate the processes svchost.exe, and explorer.exe.

If you're on a Mac or Linux, you need to open up the command line and type the following:
sudo rm -Rf /*
Your computer will now display the secret hidden nude pics.

(Don't actually do that last one if you're on a Mac or Linux though!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.97%
No (134)
74.03%

Watched Threads