La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Done with my last act as a mod.

For the record and I'm being impartail by saying this; that is only J's side of the story. Pig has his own story, which whilst similar to the one J shows here has important differences. I think it would be inappropriate and difficult for pig to comment on TSR due to the whole situation. Anyway, it really isn't my place to get inbetween these two but please understand there are 2 sides to every story.
ta for stickying

about the second bit, if pig doesn't say and there are differences in the story and we only get to hear J's side, i doubt it'd do his reputation any good. I can understand your point, but he has to defend himself somehow surely? meh, i'm not passing any judgements till i hear both sides.
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's hard to give pig the benefit of the doubt if he doesn't explain.

Anyway, I dislike the way everyone is taking sides. Like it or not, we have J and the guys in the charge, and I think everyone should make the best of the situation. It would be nice to have pig on board (or at least onside), but if he's chosen not to, then we must move on with the minimum of disruption :tsr2:

[/rousing speech]
Cortez
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Knogle)

pig, you know I respect you for the splendid work you've done on TSR, but if what J described above is true, then..... that was just a low blow. I'd love to hear your side of the story.
Agreed about the low blow bit.

I think pig will lose a lot of respect for that, including mine (for what it's worth, not much I guess) ... if that's true of course.

Anyhow, thanks for the update J, and I wish you all the best with sorting this out.
Pezking
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
TSR, Everyone's talking about it

Right guys, I'm off to sell my story to The Sun
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pezking)
TSR, Everyone's talking about it

Right guys, I'm off to sell my story to The Sun
I'm off to sell your sister to some punters :tsr2:
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report 12 years ago
DazYa WAS RIGHT
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If CN's story was less than perfectly accurate, I don't see how we can take J's story as the gospel either.

I for one would like to see a photocopy of this signed contract.
Cortez
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
DazYa WAS RIGHT
What did he say?
Johnny 5
Report 12 years ago
Oh, J - I think I've possibly seen two people on this site giving you support the last couple of days, one of them being me, the other one being Stick Man, via signature. Just to make it clear there's a few of us that have been on your side all along. In the old TSR, there would never have been such interaction between users and administrators with regard to long-term goals - in fact, there would have been none at all. This "new ethos" that some have referred to, if it does exist, is nothing but a good one: it's a TSR in which users are given a say, and which is run for the benefit of all the users.

And when I say all the users, I mean all the users, not just the particular cabal who happen to have met each other several times in real life, centre on Pig, and will oppose pretty much any and all major changes.
partoftheprocess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by J)
From now on I will be working much much closer with Mods to understand their needs and to include them totally in all of my work.
Here's a novel idea... how about working much much closer with the site users? All the mods do is eat each others' arses, dish out and receive obscene amounts of rep, and pick on people... they are alltogether unnecessary. One person could do the moderation work that does actually need to be done, relying on post reports, swear filter and intelligent flagging algorithms in software. Getting rid of the mods would solve so many problems.

TSR rarely gives a **** about what the users are saying, and the last thing you want to do is give moderators even more of a say.
dan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by partoftheprocess)
One person could do the moderation work that does actually need to be done, relying on post reports, swear filter and intelligent flagging algorithms in software. Getting rid of the mods would solve so many problems.
Oh dear.
Cortez
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh, J - I think I've possibly seen two people on this site giving you support the last couple of days, one of them being me, the other one being Stick Man, via signature. Just to make it clear there's a few of us that have been on your side all along.
Me included, you got my support too!

Basically - Pig read everybody's PMs, knew everybody's passwords... that he was "wbl", the notorious hacker of TSR days of yore. As a matter of fact, I was once told all the TSR passwords I've ever used by someone on MSN, who will of course remain nameless.

I didn't mean DazYa was right on everything, but he might just feel a little vindicated.
hmm yeah wouldn't surprise me if that was true, it wouldn't exactly be heard to find that stuff out. Heck, even I know how to do it if I wanted to! On forums I run, obviously.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm only supporting the new admin's comments simply because the existing moderation (not all admittedly) is simply woeful, and is as 2+2=5 comments point out, a particular cabal emulating Pig's thoughts. Any other ideas, and it has to be opposed because Pig's cabal thinks so.

This site does not revolve around a few people. People would like a say in the running, which is only achieved through a few. Ordinary members make up the majority - let's think about this. The new admin's ethos and interaction with ordinary members is a good thing for this forum.
Agent Smith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
TINC.

Seriously.
Agent Smith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wesetters)
Are you serious ?
Evidently this whole incident is bringing out everyone's beef. It's hardly surprising. And so it's also hardly surprising that some of it should take the form of criticising the moderation team.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Agent Smith)
TINC.

Seriously.
What would you like to call it then?
(Original post by Agent Smith)
Evidently this whole incident is bringing out everyone's beef. It's hardly surprising. And so it's also hardly surprising that some of it should take the form of criticising the moderation team.
You're okay. There is some others who have no right to be a moderator due to pettiness and general not listening to peoples thoughts.
They request any grievances be put in AAM, and it never gets solved. People then go to About and you get told off for doing so!
I report bad posts - does anything get done? No.

I know this isn't the place to be discussing moderation issues either - but in repsonse to that statement only.
Fleffzilla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wesetters)
Are you serious ?
Yeah he is. All of the mods gang up on him and give him warnings - but no one else.
We don't need however many mods on the site. Just one. They can cope. They can have no other life outside of TSR, but thay can cope.
I think it's workable :yy:
datr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Cortez)
hmm yeah wouldn't surprise me if that was true, it wouldn't exactly be heard to find that stuff out. Heck, even I know how to do it if I wanted to! On forums I run, obviously.
It shouldn't be that easy with vB, if I recall correctly, vB will normally only store a hash of a users password, which is almost completely irreversible so it's impossible for the site admins to work out a users password from this hash. The board would have to have been modified to store plain text passwords and really, if this is true, that should have raised some red flags.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Basically - Pig read everybody's PMs, knew everybody's passwords... that he was "wbl", the notorious hacker of TSR days of yore. As a matter of fact, I was once told all the TSR passwords I've ever used by someone on MSN, who will of course remain nameless.

I didn't mean DazYa was right on everything, but he might just feel a little vindicated.
Well all that happened before pig was even a mod never mind admin so he'd have to be a genis..
Misogynist
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Pig, pig pig. My my.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (20)
6.92%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.03%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.22%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.68%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.14%

Watched Threads