What's been going on with TSR? Watch

Agent Smith
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by walshie)
What would you like to call it then?
"It"? I'm not sure there is an "it". This isn't some kind of Dumbledore's Army.
mute
Badges: 1
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Done with my last act as a mod.

For the record and I'm being impartail by saying this; that is only J's side of the story. Pig has his own story, which whilst similar to the one J shows here has important differences. I think it would be inappropriate and difficult for pig to comment on TSR due to the whole situation. Anyway, it really isn't my place to get inbetween these two but please understand there are 2 sides to every story.
last act as a mod?
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by J)
Any television producers wanting to serialise this please get in touch.
"This is BBC news. Terroist threats in the middle east. And a student website goes t!ts up"

:confused:
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
he's resigning and might be using TSR less frequently (he says he'll be popping in once in a while). he made the thread a sticky as his last act as a mod
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mute)
last act as a mod?
yup,
Fleffzilla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Agent Smith)
"It"? I'm not sure there is an "it". This isn't some kind of Dumbledore's Army.
:rofl:

No there is - they're called numbskull inbred pig lovers. I mean anyone who doesn't like the current admin must of course be in love with pig or something, because there's no other reason for us to dislike them. At all. Is there?

Keyboards at the ready guys, we've been rumbled! :eek:

:rofl:
Oh, the mental images... *sigh*
mute
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by January Victim)
he's resigning and might be using TSR less frequently (he says he'll be popping in once in a while). he made the thread a sticky as his last act as a mod
less frequently... seriously? :p:

shame to see you go daveo :hugs:
Sidhe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well if we're only going to hear one side of the story, no offence we're going to have to make up our minds based on one. Either that or invent something fantastic and conjectural? In other words what we've been doing for the last few days. I'm not sure Pig is going to say anything? If that's the case, then I'll have to say that it sounds like a bit of a disagreement that got out of hand and turned petty, and go with that.

After all that's all I have to work with.
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
It's hard to give pig the benefit of the doubt if he doesn't explain.

Anyway, I dislike the way everyone is taking sides. Like it or not, we have J and the guys in the charge, and I think everyone should make the best of the situation. It would be nice to have pig on board (or at least onside), but if he's chosen not to, then we must move on with the minimum of disruption :tsr2:

[/rousing speech]
Agreed entirely!
Phonicsdude
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oooh this is like Lord of the Flies!
KILL THE PIG! SPILL HIS BLOOD!

(Original post by J)
This morning we have received legal advise on the contract Pig signed and have been informed that a contract is more than a piece of signed paper. The emails, PMs, forum posts, text messages etc. exchanged between Pig, CN and myself that support the intention to sign the contract and confirm that it was signed and returned validate the contract.
It is unlikely to be quite so clear cut. Pig probably has a case. If Pig is reading this, he should quite obviously take legal advise of his own (if he is willing to fight this).
Agent Smith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Trying times.

Although I am beginning to form my own opinions and educated guesses, I agree with Carl that the important thing is to muck in together and make the best of it. If someone can get Vera Lynn onside, all the better.
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
It's hard to give pig the benefit of the doubt if he doesn't explain.

Anyway, I dislike the way everyone is taking sides. Like it or not, we have J and the guys in the charge, and I think everyone should make the best of the situation. It would be nice to have pig on board (or at least onside), but if he's chosen not to, then we must move on with the minimum of disruption :tsr2:

[/rousing speech]

well said!

can we still rep?? im going to try, because i agree with everything you said :p:
Agent Smith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by .jen.)
can we still rep??
I don't know... I just don't know any more.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:hugs:
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We can still rep :rolleyes: :p:
partoftheprocess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wesetters)
Are you serious ?
Totally serious.

And in response to bikerx, who left this negative reputation for my post:

isn't it great how you know so much despite having a total lack of experience...

I first came across TSR in mid-2004, I've used the site for periods of time before leaving and having my accounts deleted on request on two seperate occasions, both times because of the dire state of affairs with mods and what have you. Despite my postcount, I actually have approximately 2000 posts on the site, mostly in society threads which were later moved to chat. I can confirm that the site does (at least did) record every login you make, and the details are stored in a database. This includes the user ID, the username, the password, the IP address, what browser you're using, and a time stamp, and I even have screen shots of this. I am an acquaintance of the previous administrator Andy. Everything that goes on with this site reaches me somehow, whether it be the latest exploits of Dazya (now WoWza), or the secret 'elite only' forum where users were encouraged to post nude pictures of themselves. I shall say no more... but I almost certainly have more "experience" than you might think.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
there's an elite only forum where people post nudies?! :eek: you lie!
Phonicsdude
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hahaha. Finally TSR is interesting!
Fleffzilla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by partoftheprocess)
Totally serious.

And in response to bikerx, who left this negative reputation for my post:

isn't it great how you know so much despite having a total lack of experience...

I first came across TSR in mid-2004, I've used the site for periods of time before leaving and having my accounts deleted on request on two seperate occasions, both times because of the dire state of affairs with mods and what have you. Despite my postcount, I actually have approximately 2000 posts on the site, mostly in society threads which were later moved to chat. I can confirm that the site does (at least did) record every login you make, and the details are stored in a database. This includes the user ID, the username, the password, the IP address, what browser you're using, and a time stamp, and I even have screen shots of this. I am an acquaintance of the previous administrator Andy. Everything that goes on with this site reaches me somehow, whether it be the latest exploits of Dazya (now WoWza), or the secret 'elite only' forum where users were encouraged to post nude pictures of themselves. I shall say no more... but I almost certainly have more "experience" than you might think.
How's A enjoying that i-pod of his?
Phonicsdude
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fleffzilla)
How's A enjoying that i-pod of his?
You still got owned.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (99)
24.26%
No (309)
75.74%

Watched Threads