The Student Room Group

Do you have a friend who you find it hard to come up with a convo with,

Like you're friends but you just find it difficult to hold down a conversation with? And you can only really talk to this person when they are in a group of other friends? I have this issue.. when we are on our own its borderline awkward

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't talk to them, that's what I do or just get out your phone and ignore them.
Reply 2
Yes, I used to have that as well with this one girl in our group, I'd try keep the conversation going, but frequently there would be awkward silences.
Nope, not really :redface:

I find ways to talk to everyone :h:
Original post by Souljer
Like you're friends but you just find it difficult to hold down a conversation with? And you can only really talk to this person when they are in a group of other friends? I have this issue.. when we are on our own its borderline awkward

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, that does happen to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Souljer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but they're not real friends, more just friends of friends
Reply 6
If you can't hold conversations with someone why on earth would you spend time with them?
Reply 7
Yea it is the most awkward thing ever, you cant move away from them or ignore them so you anxiously wait for one of your other friends to come back :frown:
This is how you can tell if someone is actually your friend or not
No

Used to have this with someone.
I'm like this with everyone I'm so awkward 🙈
There used to be one but I didn't really like her and she was only in our group because she was really good friends with one of the girls. Her actual group abandoned her for several reasons.

Original post by Indeterminate
Nope, not really :redface:

I find ways to talk to everyone :h:

You social butterfly :innocent:
Maybe they just lack the confidence to speak their mind and open up to people. Or maybe they're scared of being judged or saying the "wrong" thing. What I'm saying is that they may just need some encouragement and for you to be accepting of everyone and everything so that they eventually learn that your not going to judge them, not everyone gains confidence at your pace, they're just a little behind, they will get their eventually.

:smile:

Btw I'm speaking from experience (as the awkward friend) :colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah, but I also notice how those people are with others and they make all the effort when they are alone, but when it's me and them, they wait for me to make the effort which is annoying, cause I find it hard.

Quick Reply

Latest