The Student Room Group

Zoology visit day at Nottingham

Hiya all,
Okay so this is starting to make me really anxious, I've booked a visit day now and I'm pretty much terrified I'll mess up by sounding really unintelligent to a possible future professor/teacher (hopefully if I get my grades). I'm not a wildly stupid person, I just like to be prepared so I don't blurt things out :frown: anyone got advice/experience for these things?? The course is for a small number of students which is why I'm worried it'll be like an informal interview, any help is very helpful!!
Hello, I know how you feel but as long as you be yourself and talk about topics which your interested in (if you ever get approached by any of the academic staff) you should be fine 🙂. Is this kind of like an open day to offer holders? because I too have an offer for zoology at Nottingham and was wondering about booking a place on one of the visit days. If you don't mind sharing what are the grades you need for your place and where else have you applied to? They offered me BBB for the Bsc in zoology 😄
Reply 2
Original post by Richard5117
Hello, I know how you feel but as long as you be yourself and talk about topics which your interested in (if you ever get approached by any of the academic staff) you should be fine 🙂. Is this kind of like an open day to offer holders? because I too have an offer for zoology at Nottingham and was wondering about booking a place on one of the visit days. If you don't mind sharing what are the grades you need for your place and where else have you applied to? They offered me BBB for the Bsc in zoology 😄

Yeah it is one of those! Well my email said they were required if you weren't invited to an interview so I thought it best to book one :/ your offer is BBB omg mine is AAB 😟😟 oh boy ahah that's strange huh, I've also applied to and got offers from reading, Lincoln and Liverpool John mores, just waiting for Sussex to reply now :smile:
Okay I'm going to book one of the visit days now as I don't want to miss anything important lol. Yeah I don't know why they offered me BBB as the grade requirements were AAB/ABB? Congrats on all your other offers though! 😄 Were they all zoology or were some different? Also how many people would you reckon roughly attend these visits days? Sorry for all the questions I'm just as curious as you are haha 😆
Reply 4
It is strange isn't it! Well fingers crossed they'd let me in if I don't get AAB then aha :smile: thank you, and you! Yeah all zoology, I made a point of saying I preferred it to biology in my statement aha so I couldn't really apply for anything else. I'm not sure really, because the number of course places is only 30-40 and there's 3 visit days available, I'd say they've given offers out to around 60-80 people, I'd guess around 20 people would be coming to one visit day :\ that was what worried me as I assumed it will be a very personal experience :/
Original post by Studybuddy6
It is strange isn't it! Well fingers crossed they'd let me in if I don't get AAB then aha :smile: thank you, and you! Yeah all zoology, I made a point of saying I preferred it to biology in my statement aha so I couldn't really apply for anything else. I'm not sure really, because the number of course places is only 30-40 and there's 3 visit days available, I'd say they've given offers out to around 60-80 people, I'd guess around 20 people would be coming to one visit day :\ that was what worried me as I assumed it will be a very personal experience :/

I'm sure you'll still have a chance if you don't manage to get AAB (fingers crossed you do, it's best to stay positive about these things😉). After all they WANT you to attend the uni, otherwise they wouldn't have given you an offer, I think that goes for everyone with an offer, so if you or anyone was to not meet the requirements by a grade or two they wouldn't flat out deny you access. That's the way I see it anyway 😄. I guess the more personal experience is both a good/bad thing as it gives you a chance to get to know the academic staff and ask them more detailed questions, but on the other hand you don't want to appear as a bad student in any way shape or form, which shouldn't be the case as the staff are usually there to congratulate you and make the overall experience positive. We'll just have to wait and see for now 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending