theworkkid
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
His much of an AS AQA language paper (German) would you understand if you learnt all of the AQA AS vocabulary?

Would that alone be enough for me to understand the entire paper?
Thanks
cookiemonster15
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by theworkkid)
His much of an AS AQA language paper (German) would you understand if you learnt all of the AQA AS vocabulary?

Would that alone be enough for me to understand the entire paper?
Thanks
No, just learning the vocab is not going to enable you to understand the paper, you also need to understand how the sentences are formed etc
theworkkid
Rep:
If you understood grammar and stuff his much do you think you would be able to understand?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheConfusedMedic
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
idk but I am doing iGCSEs in French and Spanish (which are apparently not too far from AS) and they say that even if you learn all of the vocab, the exam board always puts in extra vocab that you don't know to see whether you are good at working out what the words mean in the context they are in (not sure if that made sense??). So I'd assume they'd definitely do that for AS as well.
cookiemonster15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
If you understood grammar and stuff his much do you think you would be able to understand?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even if you did get how grammar worked that alone won't let you understand the whole paper. You have to be familiar with the language ie regularly read in said language, speak the language etc

I know that if I just revised the words for AS, I would have never been able to get through the paper.

Also, which exam board? As some require you to write an essay as well...
theworkkid
Rep:
(Original post by cookiemonster15)
Even if you did get how grammar worked that alone won't let you understand the whole paper. You have to be familiar with the language ie regularly read in said language, speak the language etc

I know that if I just revised the words for AS, I would have never been able to get through the paper.

Also, which exam board? As some require you to write an essay as well...
Any tips then? We do have to write an essay
cookiemonster15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Any tips then? We do have to write an essay
Like I said, familarise yourself with the subject, talk it, listen to it etc

Practice writing essays and give it to your teacher to mark it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.37%
Okay (64)
29.77%
A bit lacking (81)
37.67%
Not good at all (52)
24.19%

Watched Threads