The Student Room Group

We're all doomed

Considering the current situation with the NHS do you think any healthcare career is worth going into? Other than medicine and dentistry what's the next best healthcare career in terms of low stress and high pay (30000k+ in 2 years). It used to be pharmacy but apparently it's bad now. SO what do you think? Optometry? Radiography? Audiography? Nursing?..........All opinions are welcome
I have nothing to contribute but just to say that by the title of this thread it looks like you already made up your mind…
It's all worth going into if you like feeling useful. Sure the wages and stress aren't encouraging but honestly if you have the sort of personality that enjoys a challenge and helping people that need you then the benefits still outweigh the negative **** in the press. I used to earn more working in an estate agents in a very low stress role but it bored me and I didn't feel remotely fulfilled. People will always get sick, the jobs won't disappear. Current and future healthcare professionals may find more expected of them than previous generations but that's just how life goes sometimes. Find something that interests you. You spend most of your waking adult life in work and if you do something just because it seems like the easiest and most financially lucrative option you might find yourself unhappy and wanting a career change before very long.

You can get 30k managing a Lidls easily enough or selling houses or being an electrician. Why choose healthcare if your focus is more on fringe benefits than the actual type of work? What are you good at? What motivates you?

Quick Reply

Latest