The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Headphones: In-ear or over-ear?

Answer the question.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
at home i usually use over ear ones, sounds better.

obviously not as comfortable for long periods though
(edited 8 years ago)
over ear
Reply 3
haha in public ill use in ears, just at home when noone will see me i use overears
Reply 4
Over-ear ones hurt my ears after a while
In-ear just hurt my ears (and yes, I did put them in correctly). I went out and bought the Jaybirds and they're without a doubt the best headphones I've owned.
Over ear for watching movies, lying in bed and listening to music. In ear when going out and about.
Reply 7
Over-ear all the way - better quality and more comfortable to wear. I've got these babies :cool:

Spoiler

Over-ear all the way :woo:
In-ear :smile: Over ears make my ears quite hot if I wear them for a long time.
Over ear at home, so much more comfortable.
Reply 11
Over.
Original post by Alexion
Over-ear all the way - better quality and more comfortable to wear. I've got these babies :cool:

Spoiler

Noice cans m9. What are they?
In ear when out, over ear when home.
In-ear, I reckon over-ear ones look naff

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Imperion
Noice cans m9. What are they?

Kingston HyperX Cloud II gaming headset. The mic's detachable, so it can go from being a 7.1 surround sound headset to just being a great pair of stereo headphones. Plus the isolation's awesome, I can barely hear anything else when they're on :h:
In-ear on road, at work and in the gym. Over-ear would fall off.
Original post by Mr...
Over ear, but I wear glasses :cry:

My glasses seem to handle it.
Can hurt thee temples after a bit though. Especially when the headphones are non adjustable (flexible, rather than extendable).
I prefer in ear, at home or in public as even though the sound quality is improved with headphones, they hurt my ears
Over ear

Spoiler

Latest