Dbaboss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello guys,
I'm new in TSR and I am happy to join this community. So I have almost completed my application in UCAS, but it seems that I have a little issue here. So the problem is that my referee was "unable to provide predicted grades" for me and as seen as I am an international student, there are almost no grades at all for the universities to get based on. So what do you think I should do ? Should I just send my application without predicted grades ? Or try and fix the problem ? Has anyone ever faced this problem here ? I'm a little confused here and the deadline is is in 5 days.

Thanks a lot !
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dbaboss)
Hello guys,
I'm new in TSR and I am happy to join this community. So I have almost completed my application in UCAS, but it seems that I have a little issue here. So the problem is that my referee was "unable to provide predicted grades" for me and as seen as I am an international student, there are almost no grades at all for the universities to get based on. So what do you think I should do ? Should I just send my application without predicted grades ? Or try and fix the problem ? Has anyone ever faced this problem here ? I'm a little confused here and the deadline is is in 5 days.

Thanks a lot !
You will need to have predicted grades, and not having them will result in automatic rejection. Contact the universities and explain the situation and take their advice. The bottom line is that your referee will have to come up with something. Show them the relevant page on Ucas:
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/refere...ate-references
Dbaboss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello Carnation, thank you very much for your answer. So I have contacted UCAS and they told me that they could clear the reference section so that my referee could fill in the predicted grades this time. I am now going to contact my referee and explain to him the situation ! I think that my application is saved now ! I hope so at least.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dbaboss)
Hello Carnation, thank you very much for your answer. So I have contacted UCAS and they told me that they could clear the reference section so that my referee could fill in the predicted grades this time. I am now going to contact my referee and explain to him the situation ! I think that my application is saved now ! I hope so at least.
Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads