The Student Room Group

EY Assessment Centre 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Terry Tibbs
The interviews are certainly tough but out of interest, where did you find this statistic of 1:20 / 1:135 and Big 4 interviews/assessment being easier?

for 1/20 I took the statistics by PwC (the most popular Big4 recruiter)..roughly 40,000 candidates applied and only 2,000 got an offer.
for 1/135: this is taken from wikijobs, I read it actually 1-2 years ago so sorry I cannot provide exact website link where u can see this statistics.
for Big4 interview you can always prepare..questions are the same and it is very easy to prepare answers beforehand..for IB things are different..from what I read
on wikijobs and here, interview questions are quite tough and include technical questions as well
Hey samzer..

Have you actually booked a date for the AC or are you awaiting an email for next steps?
Reply 22
nope I am awaiting for EY's email. I am on hold
[QUOTE=samzer;62026949]nope I am awaiting for EY's email. I am on hold

Okay same here i think the email means we are deffo through to AC though
Reply 24
Original post by The SakMan
Okay same here i think the email means we are deffo through to AC though
yes, it means we passed phone interview.
How long must you wait until you can reapply to EY?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by AmyBarbie

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you can for the same year.
Reply 27
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has been invited to the Assessment Centre in Leeds on 22/01/16? :smile:
Hey, has anyone attended the EY AC yet for 2016 intake. Could you please advice on what the new structure is? I heard they only last half a day and have taken out the numerical test.

Thanks
Hello,

Could anyone advice on the new structure of the EY AC day for assurance, audit UK&I. I heard they are now half a day and no longer do the numerical test.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think 3/6 month. Maybe call and ask as they seem to be changing their rules quite a lot lately
Original post by ROC10
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has been invited to the Assessment Centre in Leeds on 22/01/16? :smile:

How did it go? Any tips?
Reply 32
Original post by gemma442
Hello,

Could anyone advice on the new structure of the EY AC day for assurance, audit UK&I. I heard they are now half a day and no longer do the numerical test.

It should be the same as with every other line, i.e. Group exercise, 2. Written exercise, 3. Partner interview. It lasts from 9-2 and the first hour or so is to get to know each other and socialize a bit.
Reply 33

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can reapply after 6 months actually.
Reply 34
Original post by ROC10
Hi,

Did you pass AC?
Reply 35
Original post by samzer
Did you pass AC?

Unfortunately not.

I had applied to the school leaver program; I'm not sure which program you applied to, however, I think the ACs are pretty similar/the same regardless. Graduates may be judged more harshly though, I'm not sure.
Original post by KTS89
You can reapply after 6 months actually.

But it has to be in a different intake year, so if you have been rejected for a 2016 role you have wait for the 2017 ones to open, and then there must be 6 months between apps
Reply 37
Original post by hopefullgraduate
But it has to be in a different intake year, so if you have been rejected for a 2016 role you have wait for the 2017 ones to open, and then there must be 6 months between apps

Fair enough.
Reply 38
Original post by ROC10
Unfortunately not.

I had applied to the school leaver program; I'm not sure which program you applied to, however, I think the ACs are pretty similar/the same regardless. Graduates may be judged more harshly though, I'm not sure.
sorry to hear that mate. could you tell us the structure of your AC and the feedback which EY provided you regarding your AC?
Reply 39
Original post by samzer
sorry to hear that mate. could you tell us the structure of your AC and the feedback which EY provided you regarding your AC?

At my assessment centre there were two main activities: "Written Exercise" and "Team Exercise". You may have a final interview; however, I think this only applies if the AC is being held at the office you have applied to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending