The Student Room Group

Anyone know the time to open a student account?

Do people open them when student finance opens in February or..? I have an unconditional but am just confused when the best time to do this would be as I would like to get it out the way.
Also, does this mean I stop my current debt card account that I use now?

Thanks
Original post by alexp98
Do people open them when student finance opens in February or..? I have an unconditional but am just confused when the best time to do this would be as I would like to get it out the way.

Thanks

Generally, you cant open one until around august. If you stay with the same bank you should keep the same account number.
Reply 2
Original post by alexp98

Thanks

You won't be able to open one until you have your letter of confirmation from the uni.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Generally, you cant open one until around august. If you stay with the same bank you should keep the same account number.

Ok thanks :smile:
Original post by alexp98

Thanks

I opened mine in freshers week
I opened mine in July so it would go straight through, I know people's accounts were delayed because of how many people were getting them at the same time, but then I was in my overdraft well before I started haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by claireestelle

Yes. When I changed my current account to a student account, my bank details all stayed the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending