itsyahg
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
how would you draw a graph of y=3^x, y=-2^x and y=(1/2)^x on the same axis? This is to do with logarithms

THANKS IN ADVANCE
davros
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by itsyahg)
how would you draw a graph of y=3^x, y=-2^x and y=(1/2)^x on the same axis? This is to do with logarithms

THANKS IN ADVANCE
What graphs have you covered in class?

These are examples of exponential graphs which all basically have the same shape (possibly reflected in an axis if multiplied by -1).
ohmickeyursofine
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
These are log graphs(page 39 in my edexcel C2 textbook)- best way to draw/plot them is to do a table of values; so for y=3^x :when x is 1, y is 3 to the power of 1 which is 3; when x is 2, y is 3 squared which is 9 = points (1,3) and (2,9).

With these graphs they always go through the point (0,1) as anything to the power of 0= 1.These graphs have curves with an asymptote of y=0 ( the x axis).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed