Wider reading in AS Literature exam?

Watch this thread
Kenneyx
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm redoing my English Lit exam mock to get my grade to an A, but i cant remember if you need to answer both sections questions with wider reading or just one of them???
WhiteyBread101
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kenneyx)
I'm redoing my English Lit exam mock to get my grade to an A, but i cant remember if you need to answer both sections questions with wider reading or just one of them???
What exam board are you on?
Kenneyx
Rep:
(Original post by Gingerbread101)
What exam board are you on?
AQA
WhiteyBread101
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
AQA
English lit A or B?
Kenneyx
Rep:
English lit A or B?
im not sure...is it different for both?
WhiteyBread101
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
im not sure...is it different for both?
They're different specifications - is your exam about any of Victorian Literature, World War One or the Struggle for Identity?
Kenneyx
Rep:
They're different specifications - is your exam about any of Victorian Literature, World War One or the Struggle for Identity?
identity
WhiteyBread101
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
identity
Then it's English Lit A, you don't need to use wider reading in the first question but you do in the second
Kenneyx
Rep:
Then it's English Lit A, you don't need to use wider reading in the first question but you do in the second
ok, thank yoouuu
The Empire Odyssey
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
ok, thank yoouuu
Pretty sure the other person just got a little bit confused.

Here's how it goesection A:You have one extract where it's usually "Author's attitudes" or "thoughts and feelings". Then something along the lines of "how similiar or different is this to your wider reading in Identity/WW1/Vic. This is when you have to refer to at least one drama, one poetry and one prose.Then Section B: You don't use wider reading. You should use the poems from that selected anthology that's appropriate to the question. You do not draw any knowledge from prose or drama texts.
WhiteyBread101
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
ok, thank yoouuu
(Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
Pretty sure the other person just got a little bit confused.

Here's how it goesection A:You have one extract where it's usually "Author's attitudes" or "thoughts and feelings". Then something along the lines of "how similiar or different is this to your wider reading in Identity/WW1/Vic. This is when you have to refer to at least one drama, one poetry and one prose.Then Section B: You don't use wider reading. You should use the poems from that selected anthology that's appropriate to the question. You do not draw any knowledge from prose or drama texts.
I had them the wrong way around, apologies I just usually do the second question first on that paper
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
45%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (5)
25%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
10%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
15%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5%

Watched Threads