Pharmacy Transfer Watch

jjstudent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi i am a 1st year Biomedical science student at DMU. I am interested in transferring to pharmacy after completion of first year of biomed. I am aware that i need to gain certain marks in all my modules, do relevant work experience and write a personal statement.
It would be great to get any advice from previous students who have transferred or students like me who are interested in transferring or anyone who knows about the whole transferring process.
Thanks
Jay
carrotstar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jjstudent)
Hi i am a 1st year Biomedical science student at DMU. I am interested in transferring to pharmacy after completion of first year of biomed. I am aware that i need to gain certain marks in all my modules, do relevant work experience and write a personal statement.
It would be great to get any advice from previous students who have transferred or students like me who are interested in transferring or anyone who knows about the whole transferring process.
Thanks
Jay
Hi Jay,

I am a second year Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science student and quite a few of my year 1 group transferred, but I wasn't interested. However, information on transfers was announced to the whole group, and I don't think anything was said about work experience; I suggest you talk to your course head or personal tutor about the transfer so you're clued up about the process. No harm in talking to others on your course who are thinking of transferring as well, though

Good luck!
Kate
jjstudent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by carrotstar)
Hi Jay,

I am a second year Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science student and quite a few of my year 1 group transferred, but I wasn't interested. However, information on transfers was announced to the whole group, and I don't think anything was said about work experience; I suggest you talk to your course head or personal tutor about the transfer so you're clued up about the process. No harm in talking to others on your course who are thinking of transferring as well, though

Good luck!
Kate
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have contacted my personal tutor and they have advised me to talk to the head of pharmacy.
ben10
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jjstudent)
Thanks
Jay
I am a pharmacist, so any advice you can ask away I can also provide you with network links..

I was wondering if you could help me with something:
A drug with poor particle shape, poorly soluble, dosent flow very well and basic that needs taste masking.. which dosage forms would you produce and why ?
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Jun '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (136)
18.21%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (76)
10.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (128)
17.14%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (106)
14.19%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (74)
9.91%
How can I be the best version of myself? (227)
30.39%

Watched Threads