Is it serious?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Before I start I would like to say that I am planning on seeing a medical professional but beforehand I would just like some info on what to possibly expect from it..

Over the past few days I've had spots of blood in my discharge (very light, but still there), even though it is nowhere near my time of the month. Does anyone have a clue what could be going on?

Could it be attributed to the fact that I relapsed into an eating disorder (form of bulimia) in November even though it never happened previously?

I also get serious stomach bloating to the point where it is agony to move and utterly uncomfortable. The pain is located slightly lower than the ovaries on both sides (but most prominently the left). I don't know if that's related because it's been an on/off thing for a while - which begs the question, could that be a food intolerance?

I know that is quite a number of questions and I must stress again that I will see a medical professional upon returning to university however any comments or advice would be great appreciated.
Siberiaan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Dude don't ask a student forum for help , blood in your stool isn't a small thing , best to get it checked out.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Before I start I would like to say that I am planning on seeing a medical professional but beforehand I would just like some info on what to possibly expect from it..

Over the past few days I've had spots of blood in my discharge (very light, but still there), even though it is nowhere near my time of the month. Does anyone have a clue what could be going on?

Could it be attributed to the fact that I relapsed into an eating disorder (form of bulimia) in November even though it never happened previously?

I also get serious stomach bloating to the point where it is agony to move and utterly uncomfortable. The pain is located slightly lower than the ovaries on both sides (but most prominently the left). I don't know if that's related because it's been an on/off thing for a while - which begs the question, could that be a food intolerance?

I know that is quite a number of questions and I must stress again that I will see a medical professional upon returning to university however any comments or advice would be great appreciated.
Deffinately do see the doc. Anything i'm saying is, like you said, just a bit of speculation before that.

Blood in stool is a sign to be taken seriously, especially when paired with pain or discomfort. That does not nesesarrily mean that the cause is too serious though. You hear/ read a lot of scary stuff about cancer and internal bleeding and loads of really potentally dangerous stuff, but it can also be small things that are really easy to treat. Even the more scary stuff can be easy to treat especially if found early. I'm quite sure an eating disorder could contribute so I'd place my bets on it being triggered by that rather than someting super scary and unexpected.

Try not to worry about it too much. Arrange an appointment ASAP. You could call 111 (nhs) for advice in the meantime.

Just want to check if you're sure it is blood and sure it is in your stool (rather than appearing on the paper when you wipe)? Some foods can make your stool look red and you can get cuts and stuff on your behind that can make it seem like you have blood in your stool. Also be aware of if it is fresh red blood or older more brown blood and in what sort of quantity. Knowing this will help to find the cause.

Oh and if you get heavy bleeding or really severe pain or it gets dramatically worse, treat it more urgantly and call 111, 999 or go to A&E.

Best wishes and good luck with your appointment.
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
call 111
Ragini Swarn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Consult with a doctor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (34)
28.81%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
9.32%
No I am happy with my choice (65)
55.08%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (8)
6.78%

Watched Threads