The Student Room Group

For those that did Sociology at AS, did you enjoy it, is it hard??!

I'm still looking for a fourth AS subject! :frown:
I'm doing Chemistry, Maths and Biology!
I'm interested in Dentistry!

Sociology seems interesting. I don't know much about it.
I know it has to do with family, roles, divorce, polgymy stuff like that.

When it comes to writing essays do they look at your vocab like in English?

Do you think if I start studying Sociology now, (I know I'm late) will I be done in 3 months?
Original post by Adorable98
I'm still looking for a fourth AS subject! :frown:
I'm doing Chemistry, Maths and Biology!
I'm interested in Dentistry!

Sociology seems interesting. I don't know much about it.
I know it has to do with family, roles, divorce, polgymy stuff like that.

When it comes to writing essays do they look at your vocab like in English?

Do you think if I start studying Sociology now, (I know I'm late) will I be done in 3 months?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK5J0-cM-HE
This video has a good explanation of what Sociology is.

I studied Sociology AS last year and I loved it. Everything I learnt was just so relevant and I could apply it to many different situations in society. It all just made sense in my head. It was also really interesting. I love the subject so much, I've applied to do it at university.

When it comes to essay writing, you do need to include important key words like the sociologists names and concepts. To remember the vocab, I recommend making flashcards. To study Sociology and do well, you need strong analysis skills, be adept in essay writing and remember the information and be able to apply it in questions. I personally didn't find it hard but everyone is different.

I think its quite possible to learn the whole syllabus in about 3 months. You would have to work hard and study more than one topic per day. If you set your mind to it, you can do it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by undine_monty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK5J0-cM-HE
This video has a good explanation of what Sociology is.

I studied Sociology AS last year and I loved it. Everything I learnt was just so relevant and I could apply it to many different situations in society. It all just made sense in my head. It was also really interesting. I love the subject so much, I've applied to do it at university.

When it comes to essay writing, you do need to include important key words like the sociologists names and concepts. To remember the vocab, I recommend making flashcards. To study Sociology and do well, you need strong analysis skills, be adept in essay writing and remember the information and be able to apply it in questions. I personally didn't find it hard but everyone is different.

I think its quite possible to learn the whole syllabus in about 3 months. You would have to work hard and study more than one topic per day. If you set your mind to it, you can do it.

Great!! Thanks for the reply!! :smile:
I'm doing it right now I do find that there is quite a lot of information to remember to be able to apply it in exams, and there are a lot of topics to get through,. If you're quite good at remembering chucks of information, terminology, and things ;like advantages and disadvantages and everything like that then you should find it quite easy :smile:
It's not hard but there's quite a lot of information to remember
Yes it's really easy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending