The Student Room Group

Girl rejected me 3 years ago and now shows interest

I asked a girl out 3 years ago and she flat out said no and gave a stupid ass reason for it. I was really upset as she was my first crush and at the same time I was angry because she never was straight up with me and acted like a total bitch afterwards. She wouldn't care about me anymore, she blanked me whenever she saw me at uni and didn't even say hello. I would still message her for her birthday and she did the same to me but that was only for a year. After that we didn't talk any more and the friendship died out.

But we still had each other on FB and about a week ago she started to talk to me again. I thought nothing of it but then the other day she asked if we could meet up for lunch. Before this she never wanted to meet up with me!! I told her that I'm really busy and I'm confused as to why she would randomly speak to me after so long!! Now she keeps insisting that we meet up because she has feelings for me that she wants to talk about in person.

Why the **** is she approaching me now after 3 years? Couldn't she have just said yes back then when I asked her the first time? I don't care about her anymore but I don't want to be a dick about it. I have not forgotten about how she treated me. What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

One's preferences can change.

Sounds like you don't like her though, you'd be better off rejecting.
Feelings changes over time. Maybe she has realised how she treated you (possibly others).

Are you sure you that currently, you have no romantic feelings towards her? (Genuine question)

If you have no feelings for her, let her know you are not interested anymore. Highlight what she did wrong so in turn, you are giving her valid reasons.

Main thing is, be respectful about it. Unless she was really an ******* in which case, she should get that swift ctrl + alt + delete

Posted from TSR Mobile
She heard you've got money now
I think you need to work out what YOUR situation is feelings-wise. She may have changed her attitude on the surface, but be careful of what her intentions really are.. Don't let her hurt you for the sake of getting back what you wanted in the past.

It might be worth refusing to meet up until she tells you the reason. If she gives up then she's not worth the effort. If she persists then I'd suggest listening to what she has to say before you make a decision.
Reply 5
Original post by Larry Hvr Da 3rd
Are you sure you that currently, you have no romantic feelings towards her? (Genuine question)

I am 100% sure. She is attractive but those feelings disappeared long ago and I'm interested in other girls now.

If you have no feelings for her, let her know you are not interested anymore. Highlight what she did wrong so in turn, you are giving her valid reasons.Main thing is, be respectful about it. Unless she was really an ******* in which case, she should get that swift ctrl + alt + delete

I'm really tempted to shoot her down like she did to me but I don't want to stoop to her level. Is it a good idea to bring up the past though? She has changed over the years, I don't think she's as selfish as before but I can't see myself with her.

She should have said yes the first time, no second chances. That's what I will tell her. Too bad for her.
Maybe she changed from a total **** to a nice person and now she wants to get thing better with people, and just keep in mind, if she recently broke up with a dude or something for a while then shes in an emotional mess, she would start get feelings for u and other guys, or using u.
I used to be such a girl before :s-smilie: 2 guys came up to me and said they like me but i got all freaked out and pushed them away and i was soo mean and that was like 2 years ago, untill now i regret it and i wish i got go and talk to them and be friends again, but i dont think theyd want to talk to me.
Original post by Anonymous
I asked a girl out 3 years ago and she flat out said no and gave a stupid ass reason for it. I was really upset as she was my first crush and at the same time I was angry because she never was straight up with me and acted like a total bitch afterwards. She wouldn't care about me anymore, she blanked me whenever she saw me at uni and didn't even say hello. I would still message her for her birthday and she did the same to me but that was only for a year. After that we didn't talk any more and the friendship died out.

But we still had each other on FB and about a week ago she started to talk to me again. I thought nothing of it but then the other day she asked if we could meet up for lunch. Before this she never wanted to meet up with me!! I told her that I'm really busy and I'm confused as to why she would randomly speak to me after so long!! Now she keeps insisting that we meet up because she has feelings for me that she wants to talk about in person.

Why the **** is she approaching me now after 3 years? Couldn't she have just said yes back then when I asked her the first time? I don't care about her anymore but I don't want to be a dick about it. I have not forgotten about how she treated me. What should I do?

As a woman who I will admit shamefacedly has done similar to a boy at work who I later asked out; please don't be a dick about it. If she hurt you, please be open and honest with her about it and tell her how she made you feel at the time. If she has even a hint of good and sincerity in her she should apologise.
Reply 8
As a woman who I will admit shamefacedly has done similar to a boy at work who I later asked out; please don't be a dick about it. If she hurt you, please be open and honest with her about it and tell her how she made you feel at the time. If she has even a hint of good and sincerity in her she should apologise.

She never admitted she was wrong for what she did though. I doubt she will apologise now, it's been so long ago that I don't think she will say anything. It's partly the reason why I don't like her now, is that she never apologised. She knows how she treated me, she knows we were friends up until that point. She knew how our friendship was declining in the months leading up to graduation. She didn't care.

I sound bitter about it and yes I am. The only reason I bring this up is because she is the one approaching me now when before she was all "you are not my type" kind of person.
Reply 9
People change. Worth meeting up for a chat even if it goes nowhere.
She never admitted she was wrong for what she did though. I doubt she will apologise now, it's been so long ago that I don't think she will say anything. It's partly the reason why I don't like her now, is that she never apologised. She knows how she treated me, she knows we were friends up until that point. She knew how our friendship was declining in the months leading up to graduation. She didn't care.

I sound bitter about it and yes I am. The only reason I bring this up is because she is the one approaching me now when before she was all "you are not my type" kind of person.

Give her a good dose of karma boy.
Tell her you are not interested anymore and then end it. Remove her from any social media and move on. Do not entertain anymore of her actions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't admitted to him that I might have hurt him either, to be honest, but it doesn't mean that I regret deeply how I rejected him and treat him awfully afterwards. When I asked him out he was nicer than I was even if the answer was no (understandably) yet he clearly hates me and makes it known through his actions and words towards me. I've asked him before why he hates me (I know why) but he just denies it and I would give anything for him to give me the opportunity to apologise. I have so much damn regret right now.

Sorry for the self centered rant; what I'm trying to get across is that she may be repentant at heart but needs an opportunity to show it and that's what she's trying to do with you? People's tastes can change; I know mine did
Serves her right tbh. Bad karma. Reject her by saying it worked out for the better (that you guys didn't go out) because both of your personalities don't match or something like that. Good luck.
Reply 14
I don't know why people are sympathising with the girl in question. OP you owe her nothing other than karma by telling her to do one.

Noooo don't allow. Say Nooooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Serves her right tbh. Bad karma. Reject her by saying it worked out for the better (that you guys didn't go out) because both of your personalities don't match or something like that. Good luck.

PRSOM.. Who ever you are anon, you know your stuff :h:
Tick-tock, tick-tock, girls are getting older and realising their chances are quickly narrowing.

“A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.”
(edited 8 years ago)
It is possible that she felt overwhelmed 3 yrs ago and just wasn't mature enough to handle the situation. Sometimes it's easier to walk away and ignore the feelings (seemingly acting bitchy when in fact it was avoidance due to personal issues/immaturity). Now, she probably regrets how she behaved and doesn't want to be that girl anymore. I'm sure it wasn't easy for her to reach out to you. It is possible that she's had a recent break up that is making her more emotional. Maybe/maybe not. You have to evaluate the situation and how it works for you. If you could be friends with her (or maybe more) or even if you're just curious then meet with her. If you do meet, even for a casual coffee, then that would be the time to ask her about why she acted the way she did and tell her how hurtful/bitchy her actions were toward you. You sound like you're in a pretty good place so if she started acting bitchy it wouldn't have the same impact on you now anyway. But, she may be sincere and wants to talk about the way she behaved - especially if she says she has feeling for you. I don't know, I think I'd be curious as to what she'd say (keep your heart guard on though) and then evaluate the situation. If, however, there is no way you want to be friends (or more) with her then just tell her that you are not going to be able to meet with her and leave it at that - don't lower yourself by being rude.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Payback's a bitch.

but it's still satisfying.

have fun disrespecting and rejecting her (if you aren't actually interested in her. tbh; after such a humiliation, i wouldn't be.. but each to their own.). i say 'have fun', as it seems like, she wasn't an angel when she did the same to you; now was she?

fact is, she missed the boat & all's fair in love and war, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending