The Student Room Group

What do you think about my university choices?

Hi there, I would like to study software engineering or computer science.

My grades overall last year was 9.5 (out of 10), with 10 in information technology and 8 in mathematics. This year my overall should be the same (9.5), however, I will probably achieve 9 in mathematics. I think that 9 is the equivalent of A, and 8 is the equivalent of B in A levels.

I have decided to send my application to the following universities:
University of Edinburgh
University of Sheffield
University of Nottingham
University of Leeds
Cardiff/Newcastle/Something else? Maybe a one with low requirements? Not sure.

These courses require either AAA or AAB. I will most likely achieve the required grades, but offers for my country usually include exam results, which you can't be too sure about. Do any of these universities give out unconditional offers? I don't really have a back-up choice if I mess up the exams.

What do you think about my choices? Which universities would you choose in my situation? A nice city and a good course in a reputable university is what I am looking for.
Original post by tudent
Hi there, I would like to study software engineering or computer science.

My grades overall last year was 9.5 (out of 10), with 10 in information technology and 8 in mathematics. This year my overall should be the same (9.5), however, I will probably achieve 9 in mathematics. I think that 9 is the equivalent of A, and 8 is the equivalent of B in A levels.

I have decided to send my application to the following universities:
University of Edinburgh
University of Sheffield
University of Nottingham
University of Leeds
Cardiff/Newcastle/Something else? Maybe a one with low requirements? Not sure.

These courses require either AAA or AAB. I will most likely achieve the required grades, but offers for my country usually include exam results, which you can't be too sure about. Do any of these universities give out unconditional offers? I don't really have a back-up choice if I mess up the exams.

What do you think about my choices? Which universities would you choose in my situation? A nice city and a good course in a reputable university is what I am looking for.

Are those IB points?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jontyfernz
Are those IB points?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, this is just a grading system used in my country. Here is an explanation:
Original post by tudent
No, this is just a grading system used in my country. Here is an explanation:

Which country is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply