nayyan123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I've applied to UCAS and within a couple of weeks I've got all of my University offers! However Im really suck with which course to choose... I was just wondering if someone could give me a few more details about the course and/or the university and what the teaching is like? and/or what are the resources like out of 10?

The courses/Universities are:
University of Lincoln - Audio Production
University of Staffordshire - Radio Production
University of Chester - TV Production and Radio Production
Canterbury Christ Church - Film, Radio & Television Studies
The University of Salford - Television and Radio

If it helps I am studying a Level 3 Extended Diploma in TV and Film at Chelmsford College.

Thanks,
N
University of Chester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, congratulations on getting your offers!

The best thing to do is attend as many Applicant Days as you can. These will give you a really good idea of the facilities and courses you have applied for. Ours begin on 30th January, and you can book a place by visiting http://you.chester.ac.uk/applicantdays

Good luck! Let us know if there's anything else you need.
Met Film School
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hiya! Yes, definitely go to an open day- make sure that you chat to current students and alumni if the Universities have them there and find out first hand what the experience of studying there is like. Best of luck with everything
TheJazNetwork
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nayyan123)
So I've applied to UCAS and within a couple of weeks I've got all of my University offers! However Im really suck with which course to choose... I was just wondering if someone could give me a few more details about the course and/or the university and what the teaching is like? and/or what are the resources like out of 10?

The courses/Universities are:
University of Lincoln - Audio Production
University of Staffordshire - Radio Production
University of Chester - TV Production and Radio Production
Canterbury Christ Church - Film, Radio & Television Studies
The University of Salford - Television and Radio

If it helps I am studying a Level 3 Extended Diploma in TV and Film at Chelmsford College.

Thanks,
N
Hey!

I'm Jaz and I'm currently a first year at Staffordshire Uni. I'm studying Radio Production and I have found the resources here superb. You get access to all the latest tech, professional radio studio to work on shows! As well as a student run radio station that you can have your own show on... Best of all! This is only the first semester... Semester two also allows you to work on a TV module so that it varies your skills in the media industry!

Hope that has helped! Good luck!
nayyan123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by TheJazNetwork)
Hey!

I'm Jaz and I'm currently a first year at Staffordshire Uni. I'm studying Radio Production and I have found the resources here superb. You get access to all the latest tech, professional radio studio to work on shows! As well as a student run radio station that you can have your own show on... Best of all! This is only the first semester... Semester two also allows you to work on a TV module so that it varies your skills in the media industry!

Hope that has helped! Good luck!
Hey thanks for getting back to me, I have an interview at staffs soon, what is the interview like?

Naomi
TheJazNetwork
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nayyan123)
Hey thanks for getting back to me, I have an interview at staffs soon, what is the interview like?

Naomi
Hey Naomi,

The interview is surprisingly the most easiest and fun part of the whole application process. Not only do you get to be interviewed by one of the lecturers who teach Radio (who are down right hilarious and great to be around) but you get to have a taster of what's it like being on the course by been given a short task to do long before the interview in which you have to listen to two BBC 1 or 2 shows and compare the similarities and differences.

But besides that, it's mostly about your passion for radio itself and what you want to achieve from the course. I remember my interview and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Good luck!

Jaz
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (85)
26.15%
England (109)
33.54%
Belgium (27)
8.31%
Germany (38)
11.69%
Spain (6)
1.85%