The woman who sued Bush for rape watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    i havent read the article
    it must of hapened....
    hmm, anyone spot a flaw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    "Rupert Murdoch...and Greg Dyke of the BBC have chosen to keep their political masters happy" haha, Murdoch and Dyke taking orders from the political elite? lol.
    Dyke didn't keep his political masters happy during the Iraq war.....

ReputationRep:
    "of a PROBABLY insane crack-addictic prostitute"
    OK so where did you get your info from? Or are all people who claim to be raped PROBABLY insane crack-addictic prostitutes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    OK so where did you get your info from? Or are all people who claim to be raped PROBABLY insane crack-addictic prostitutes?
    The fact that it just happened to be someone as famous as the president of the US, and that she just happened to be wanting $50 million in damages for it do cast some doubt on her story!

ReputationRep:
    i havent read the article but if she managed to sue him then she must of had a good case, this it must of hapened....
    Well I don't know if her claim was right or wrong. Rape is obviously not something which should be joked about. Either way we as the public have a right to know. We get so much else which is just BS half the time so why was this edited out? Why did all media decide to silence it? Thats not journalistic integrity.

ReputationRep:
    "of a "

So basically every woman who may claim she has been raped is "PROBABLY insane crack-addictic prostitute". Thats good to know. Now we know why women in general have such a hard time prosecuting their rapists and why so many go silent instead feeling ashamed within. With statements like this no woman should even bother accusing her rapists. I mean obviously everybody knows that all americans in office would never rape. In fact no public figure or person who has a high position or rank can rape. So she must be PROBABLY insane crack-addictic prostitute. Did anybody at all spot the flawed logic?

In reality from your statements it's safe to say that unless you can get your rapist to sign a statement saying he raped you, you are just lying about rape. And we all know how common it for people to lie about rape.

But the problem in this instance is more that no information should be withheld. This was news and so this should have been covered. I am sure people can make up their own minds. Its not unfair to Bush just like the long coverage of OJ Simpson, Tyson, Kobe Bryant and others was not unfair.

If he is or was innocent I am sure that would have come to light too. But let us surely hear her side of the story. But no we were not allowed to. That is biased journalism. Becaue this "unfair" theorem can be used for just about anybody then and then we would have no news and no information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Outrageous)
    So basically every woman who may claim she has been raped is "PROBABLY insane crack-addictic prostitute". Thats good to know. Now we know why women in general have such a hard time prosecuting their rapists and why so many go silent instead feeling ashamed within. With statements like this no woman should even bother accusing her rapists. I mean obviously everybody knows that all americans in office would never rape. In fact no public figure or person who has a high position or rank can rape. So she must be PROBABLY insane crack-addictic prostitute. Did anybody at all spot the flawed logic?

In reality from your statements it's safe to say that unless you can get your rapist to sign a statement saying he raped you, you are just lying about rape. And we all know how common it for people to lie about rape.

But the problem in this instance is more that no information should be withheld. This was news and so this should have been covered. I am sure people can make up their own minds. Its not unfair to Bush just like the long coverage of OJ Simpson, Tyson, Kobe Bryant and others was not unfair.

If he is or was innocent I am sure that would have come to light too. But let us surely hear her side of the story. But no we were not allowed to. That is biased journalism. Becaue this "unfair" theorem can be used for just about anybody then and then we would have no news and no information.
    Shut up. There's a big difference between "every woman who may claim she has been raped" and one who tries to sue the president of the US for $50 million. How on earth could they possibly justify damages like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    Shut up. There's a big difference between "every woman who may claim she has been raped" and one who tries to sue the president of the US for $50 million. How on earth could they possibly justify damages like that!
    No, I will not but you shut up. This is a forum and your request is not really realistic. That is the distinct impression one gets from Vienna's posts. If its not substantiated it must be lies or just propaganda against the US admin or Israeli admin. And I am not referring to the money but that this news was entitled to reach the public. Its not like the public believes everything. Why discriminate when in the case of tyson and others we didn't. Its about journalism. Not bush and not money.

ReputationRep:
    I think that if bush did raped her which I admit is unlikely that he should have to pay a huge amount in damages and go to prison. Rapeing a women is a horrible crime it undermines a womens confidence it can even drive her to suicide. So like I said if he did it she should have got alot of money.

ReputationRep:
    That is the distinct impression one gets from Vienna's posts.
    its just you.

If its not substantiated it must be lies or just propaganda against the US admin or Israeli admin. And I am not referring to the money but that this news was entitled to reach the public. Its not like the public believes everything. Why discriminate when in the case of tyson and others we didn't. Its about journalism. Not bush and not money.
    irrelevent...again.

ReputationRep:
    This must be the first US case involving damages you have seen then. There have been plenty more cases where the damages awarded are so high it's unbelievable, even my American friends can't believe it.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that it just happened to be someone as famous as the president of the US, and that she just happened to be wanting $50 million in damages for it do cast some doubt on her story!

what has that got to do with Vienna saying she was probably a crack addicted prostitute? Do prostitutes claim more damages?

ReputationRep:
    Greetings,

I found this article during a search of something unrelated altogether. Although that remained unsuccessful, I found this which to say the least is disturbing. Shows a bit about media bias perhaps as this is the first I have heard of this.

http://thoughtcrimenews.com/bushrape.htm
    Believe me, if this were true, the media would NEVER sit on a story like this. The liberal mainstream media is no friend of George W. Bush.

ReputationRep:
    Many of those who threaten to 'spill the beans' on a high profile person end up dead!

That prostitute who was going to give evidence against Jeffrey Archer was run over and killed by a 'hit and run' driver who was never found, just before the court case.

Princess Diana said, two weeks before she died, that she had an announcement to make that would shake the foundations of the country. She never got a chance to make it.

Marilyn Monroe came to a sticky end.

Perhaps this lady who claimed that Bush raped her (remember, he is a recovering alcoholic, and we all know that alcoholics are capable of the most cruel acts - had a helping hand when the gun was put to her head. She might not have pulled the trigger - someone else could have.

I am not sure that any newspaper in US, regardless of political affiliation, would dare to run a story like this about the president. Corruption is rampant and their future success as newspapers may be destroyed by any hint of the allegation.

There was blanket cover of any criticism of Bush's action post 9/11 as it would have been deemed unpatriotic, this could be construed as threatening to the future of the press. Some much for freedom! And that goes for all countries, not just the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Perhaps this lady who claimed that Bush raped her (remember, he is a recovering alcoholic, and we all know that alcoholics are capable of the most cruel acts - had a helping hand when the gun was put to her head. She might not have pulled the trigger - someone else could have.
    he is a fulyl recovered alcholic.

i am surprised to see people prefer the theory of blanket media silence for the sake of Bushs reputation, no insider leaks, the president raping and beating a woman and her husband and then killing her in a drunken rage, to a slightly more plausible one of 'the woman was slightly loopy and then got killed for a probably unrelated matter'. no paper took her seriously, why? they knew her crediblity would do nothing for their own.

ReputationRep:

i am surprised to see people prefer the theory of blanket media silence for the sake of Bushs reputation, no insider leaks, the president raping and beating a woman and her husband and then killing her in a drunken rage, to a slightly more plausible one of 'the woman was slightly loopy and then got killed for a probably unrelated matter'. no paper took her seriously, why? they knew her crediblity would do nothing for their own.
    or maybe bush payed them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    It would be unfair on Bush to publish details of an unsubstantiated case.
    the unsubstantiated existence of WMDs the unsubstantiated existence of a link between Al'Quaeda and Sadamn - why was it ok to publish and act on these then???

Sorry Im not trying to go off topic its just that surely Bush shouldnt benefit from being Innocent untill Proven Guilty when he has endorsed no such action during his presidency (Guantanamo Bay!!)

ReputationRep:

no such thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    no such thing
    Im no fan of Dubyas but I think its pretty much accepted that he hasnt had a drink for like thirty years or something

ReputationRep:
    or maybe bush payed them!
    to make rape allegations?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.