Frenziedgamer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi I study this subject and I must say it has literally nothing to do with ICT I only took it because my school did not have A-level ICT available and now I am regretting it because I have no idea what to do. so I submitted my assignment and apparently I did nothing right and I have to resubmit it Friday (my teacher told me 5 days late smh). Is anyone else doing this Unit and can help me ?

I have attached the cover sheet p.s The assessor name is not my assessor I got it from my friend and forgot to delete it lmao
Attached files
suirrel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm sorry that I can't help -- my course is Animal Management, a far cry from ICT -- but perhaps talking to your subject teacher about the assignment will help. They want you to at least pass the course, and if you're struggling then I'm sure they will be happy to help you understand what the question is looking for. Another option is to see what your coursemates have done for the assignment. Obviously, don't copy what they have done, but maybe looking at examples will help you to figure out what it is that you need to do.
Binary Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by suirrel)
I'm sorry that I can't help -- my course is Animal Management, a far cry from ICT -- but perhaps talking to your subject teacher about the assignment will help. They want you to at least pass the course, and if you're struggling then I'm sure they will be happy to help you understand what the question is looking for. Another option is to see what your coursemates have done for the assignment. Obviously, don't copy what they have done, but maybe looking at examples will help you to figure out what it is that you need to do.
F%^" me, I don't think anyone can help with an assignment brief like that. Probably one of the most poorly used case studies I've ever seen applied to an assignment. EVER! The assessor of the unit pretty much eliminated most of the keywords that Edexcel specify. But oh well.

(Original post by Frenziedgamer)
Hi I study this subject and I must say it has literally nothing to do with ICT I only took it because my school did not have A-level ICT available and now I am regretting it because I have no idea what to do. so I submitted my assignment and apparently I did nothing right and I have to resubmit it Friday (my teacher told me 5 days late smh). Is anyone else doing this Unit and can help me ?

I have attached the cover sheet p.s The assessor name is not my assessor I got it from my friend and forgot to delete it lmao
You're the most unlucky person I've ever met. By FAR!

From what I can see the areas of effective 'communication' that you should be focussing on around this area should be problem solving, tolerance (You need a lot of tolerance to put up with that case study), independence, dependability and leadership. In the morning, or sometime mid-day I'll expand on it. But for example in the meantime

With individuals that are deaf and have additional needs they're typically reliant on the abilities of those around them, so having a volunteer that isn't reliable won't really be suitable for those around them. So you want a volunteer that will know how to take charge of a situation and engage with those that have impaired hearing. You've also got to bear in mind that you need be tolerant. On many occasions you'll have individuals that're more severe than others in terms of hearing so you need to make sure you're not angry with them in the event something needs to be explained several times over. Then you've got to consider problem solving, how can you actually communicate effectively with someone that has impaired or no hearing. Which in turn relates to the barriers of communication, so understanding how to overcome such basic problems in the day-to-day lives of those that have impaired hearing can significantly improve the communication services provided by Action on Hearing Loss.

If your assessor is asking for a much greater deal than that then he/she is being unreasonable. For one I think this unit is best catered around generalization as opposed to relating specific attributes to a given scenario that isn't even ICT related.

For a useful link please see here
Just check each of the areas on the link and try to relate each of the given areas to Action on Hearing Loss, when and where possible.
Frenziedgamer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Binary Freak)
F%^" me, I don't think anyone can help with an assignment brief like that. Probably one of the most poorly used case studies I've ever seen applied to an assignment. EVER! The assessor of the unit pretty much eliminated most of the keywords that Edexcel specify. But oh well.

You're the most unlucky person I've ever met. By FAR!

From what I can see the areas of effective 'communication' that you should be focussing on around this area should be problem solving, tolerance (You need a lot of tolerance to put up with that case study), independence, dependability and leadership. In the morning, or sometime mid-day I'll expand on it. But for example in the meantime

With individuals that are deaf and have additional needs they're typically reliant on the abilities of those around them, so having a volunteer that isn't reliable won't really be suitable for those around them. So you want a volunteer that will know how to take charge of a situation and engage with those that have impaired hearing. You've also got to bear in mind that you need be tolerant. On many occasions you'll have individuals that're more severe than others in terms of hearing so you need to make sure you're not angry with them in the event something needs to be explained several times over. Then you've got to consider problem solving, how can you actually communicate effectively with someone that has impaired or no hearing. Which in turn relates to the barriers of communication, so understanding how to overcome such basic problems in the day-to-day lives of those that have impaired hearing can significantly improve the communication services provided by Action on Hearing Loss.

If your assessor is asking for a much greater deal than that then he/she is being unreasonable. For one I think this unit is best catered around generalization as opposed to relating specific attributes to a given scenario that isn't even ICT related.

For a useful link please see here
Just check each of the areas on the link and try to relate each of the given areas to Action on Hearing Loss, when and where possible.
Thanks for the help bro it really sucks
QUIETONE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey!

I know I'm commenting on this really late, but I have done this unit, so if you need any help you can let me know and I can try and help you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (199)
43.74%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (51)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.69%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (96)
21.1%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.33%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.93%

Watched Threads