The Student Room Group

Questionable gcse grades for medicine.

I have spent a month in Cambridge with a summer programme and I completely fell in love with it!
I've known from very little that medicine would be a dream come true for me but I haven't really achieved the grades I should be dreaming of too. Perhaps I was young and lazy...

GCSE GRADES:
A in Maths
A Modern Greek
A Physics
A in Biology
B in Chemistry
B in Geography
B in Human Biology

I haven't yet taken any A-level exams and since now they are back to linear, I will be sitting Bio, Chem and Phy along with maths in 2017.
I do already though have an A in the Greek A-level.
My GCSE B's where really close to the A grade.

All I want to know is,
Can I still give it a try and apply to Cambridge or just forget about it?
Original post by DragonEmily
I have spent a month in Cambridge with a summer programme and I completely fell in love with it!
I've known from very little that medicine would be a dream come true for me but I haven't really achieved the grades I should be dreaming of too. Perhaps I was young and lazy...

GCSE GRADES:
A in Maths
A Modern Greek
A Physics
A in Biology
B in Chemistry
B in Geography
B in Human Biology

I haven't yet taken any A-level exams and since now they are back to linear, I will be sitting Bio, Chem and Phy along with maths in 2017.
I do already though have an A in the Greek A-level.
My GCSE B's where really close to the A grade.

All I want to know is,
Can I still give it a try and apply to Cambridge or just forget about it?

Start by looking through the entry requirements for Cambridge and make sure you meet them.
Have you started organising extra curriculars and work experience?

Medicine is competitive and even if you don't manage to get into Cambridge there are plenty of other awesome unis out there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending