The Student Room Group

I went!

I went to the group recruitment event, there was 19 other people there and we had to take a number test to make sure you wern't number blind or something like that. We then were paired up and had to get to know about the person we then had to tell everyone what we know about the person. We then had to put a list of 15 items into a order of importance, we were given a scenario about being in a plane that crashed etc. one you had done that u were put into groups of 5 and we had to work out the list again, there was a manager watching each group to see how each peson is working etc. in our group there was a girl who was trying to take control by asking everyone what they got and going round the group, i made sure i was having an input but with here taking control it was hard for me to make an impression on the manager watching. We then went back and each group spoke about there list and what they had and why which we also did. After that the managers spoke about hours and pay etc. We then went and we should get a letter on tues/weds to hear whether or not we got a job there, im not sure how many people they are getting. I'm not sure if i made a good impression but i did everything they asked, spoke clearly and took part.

Im really not sure whether or not they will employ me, i now have to wait until i get the letter. :frown: I really hope i get it, i dressed really smartly compared to some other people there.
Reply 1
Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Fingers crossed, and well done for giving it a go :smile: Sorry if I missed you mentioning it before but what was the actual job?
Reply 3
alrite james, how u doin.
so whats the pay like, and what company is it?
hope u get the job, and dont spend the money on you know what
Reply 4
dont worry i wont be spending on you know what, the pay is around £5.20p/h for 17yr old, the company is argos and they are opening a new store and that is why they are employing lots of people. We dont know what job it is but there are all different jobs, but ithink if you get employed by them you will be doing all different things there.
Reply 5
james101
dont worry i wont be spending on you know what, the pay is around £5.20p/h for 17yr old, the company is argos and they are opening a new store and that is why they are employing lots of people. We dont know what job it is but there are all different jobs, but ithink if you get employed by them you will be doing all different things there.

Sounds like a pretty good deal mate, hope you get it! Keep us posted :smile:
Reply 6
yeh 5.20p/h is good, u should get the job if theyre opening a new store they need all the help they can get
Reply 7
yeah but i think they have already had 3 groups of 30 + our group of 20 so that is 80 people so far, yeh the money is good i think its £5.80 for 18yr olds+ Im just worried that i havent been able to make an impression, im so dissapointed, but how can i say much when this girl in my group kept talking and asking eveyone in the group things, i bet she will get employed, damn her :mad: oh i really want the job, i just have a feeling i wont get it, the only pluses for me are that i was very smart and other people didnt even bother just wearing normally clothes, i also took part in all the tasks, spoke clearly and loud and tried not to sound shy.

Please let me get a job!
Reply 8
james101
how can i say much when this girl in my group kept talking and asking eveyone in the group things, i bet she will get employed, damn her :mad:

Don't count on it. They're not going to want somebody who comes across as bossy and dominating - someone like that usually doesn't integrate terribly well into a team. It sounds to me like you did your absolute best, so try not to worry yet :smile:
Reply 9
well i think they will because they are assesing people on how they work in a team and she was asking people for there answers etc and saying how we should work e.g going round each person asking them what they have for the first one.

Latest

Trending

Trending