Is it possible to get into clearing if I have met the conditions of my firm offer?

Watch
salman_khan1995
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
As it says in the title is exactly what I want to know.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by salman_khan1995)
As it says in the title is exactly what I want to know.
Only by asking your firm offer to let you go. They may take their time over this and you could miss lots of places before they finalise it. If you know you don't want to go to your firm in advance of results day, get it all sorted out then to save later heartache. It goes without saying that the smarter course of action is to make sure your firm choice is the place you really want to go.
salman_khan1995
Rep:
?
For now, I'm trying to really work hard so I can get myself into adjustment to get into a local uni but if that doesn't work out then I may decide to go into clearing.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lots of advice here on what happens on Results Day and how to deal with it - read it all carefully : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...el-results-day

Other advice about Making Firm & Insurance Choices here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...urance-choices
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To reiterate all the responses so far:

It is POSSIBLE
It isn't ADVISABLE

The sooner you speak to other universities about spaces and speak to your firm about being placed into Clearing or Extra the better. The very worst and most stressful time to start these conversations is on results day.

Find out if your local university expects to be in Extra for your course. If they are you can arrange this all through Extra in March/April.
salman_khan1995
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
To reiterate all the responses so far:

It is POSSIBLE
It isn't ADVISABLE

The sooner you speak to other universities about spaces and speak to your firm about being placed into Clearing or Extra the better. The very worst and most stressful time to start these conversations is on results day.

Find out if your local university expects to be in Extra for your course. If they are you can arrange this all through Extra in March/April.
Well I actually did apply for my local uni to begin with but I was unsuccessful in my application. That's why I am looking for other ways to possibly gain entry into it.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well I actually did apply for my local uni to begin with but I was unsuccessful in my application. That's why I am looking for other ways to possibly gain entry into it.
If you have been turned down, they won't be interested in you a second time this cycle. If you do something to make a difference to your application, such as retaking exams, then reapply to them for next year, but this year is a non-starter.
salman_khan1995
Rep:
?
(Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
If you have been turned down, they won't be interested in you a second time this cycle. If you do something to make a difference to your application, such as retaking exams, then reapply to them for next year, but this year is a non-starter.
Okay, thanks for your help.
HAnwar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I've done it after declining my firm. It's risky though.
salman_khan1995
Rep:
?
(Original post by HAnwar)
Yeah I've done it after declining my firm. It's risky though.
How long did the whole process take you and did you manage to get into a better uni or the one that you wanted to go to.
HAnwar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How long did the whole process take you and did you manage to get into a better uni or the one that you wanted to go to.
It took quite long since my firm took forever to release me back into clearing.
I rejected my firm because I didn't want to do that particular course, so I looked elsewhere for a uni that would let me enrol on to the course I wanted to do.
salman_khan1995
Rep:
?
(Original post by HAnwar)
It took quite long since my firm took forever to release me back into clearing.
I rejected my firm because I didn't want to do that particular course, so I looked elsewhere for a uni that would let me enrol on to the course I wanted to do.
Fair enough then, as long as it worked out for you in the end but yeah you're right it does sound really risky. I think my best bet is probably making myself eligible for adjustment and trying from there.
HAnwar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fair enough then, as long as it worked out for you in the end but yeah you're right it does sound really risky. I think my best bet is probably making myself eligible for adjustment and trying from there.
Try to get through adjustment rather than clearing. I've been through both and trust me, clearing is a nightmare.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (461)
56.63%
I don't have everything I need (353)
43.37%

Watched Threads