The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Okay, im not at the falmer campus, but am at brighton uni, and have been to the falmer campus a bit (and know a few people who are there too).

And from all those people have said, it is good there. Its not really isolated, because there are so many buses that go past very regularly, you can get to brighton easily. Just don't try walking there from brighton (i made that mistake once).
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
im going in 2007. I've never seen the falmer campus though, sorry. x
Reply 3
I just finnished my 1st year there - loved it, go for Paddock Field halls on Falmer campus!! they're the best, that's where I stayed. Varley is run down and you have to walk loads from the main uni bus bus stop, and if you want to be close to town Phoenix Brewery is good.
Reply 4
Hey Im at Falmer campus studying Criminal Psychology. Its not isolated because you have Sussex uni just over the road and we can use all their facilities also. The campus halls of residence are gorgeous but quite pricey...or so ive heard. Its better to be out of town a little...it seems quieter and more relaxed plus it only take 8 minutes on the train to get back into brighton centre!
Reply 5
I'm not at Brighton/Sussex Uni, but I live there, it really is a great town with loads to do.
Reply 6
*Bump*

Does anyone have any opinions on the Mousecoomb campus? I'm probably going to go to an open day there in February.
Can't provide much information on the halls at moulsecoomb off the top of my head, but in general, the location is really good (not too far away from the centre of brighton, great transport links), and the actual buildings (mithras, cockcroft and watts) are very close to each other, and the housing, so staggering down hungover after a night out is easy :p: .

Anything specific you want to know? (i'm at brighton, studying at moulscoomb, and posting from cockcroft right now)
Reply 8
hello people
ive just signed up for this website so im kinda new to this, but i applied for university of Brighton this year and i was wondering how long it usually takes for replies to be sent.
thanks
Reply 9
I applied for Pharmacy this year and I got an offer within 3 weeks...but I guess that it may differ for each course.

Does anyone know how good the pharmacy course is? Its in the Moulsecoomb campus, and I liked it when I visited there but I don't really know much about the actual course. Also in general how good is brighton in terms of a uni?
Reply 10
I applied for pharmacy at brighton too - i have an offer of a place and i'm going for a visit in Feb. I cant wait! :p: what did you think of the uni petzneo?
Reply 11
I have an offer for Sports Journalism ... BBB !

Easy !
Reply 12
I thought that it was really nice, and the labs looked quite modern. Brighton itself is really good, I love it! I think that its going to be my insuranc...anyway what other unis have you applied for Missbliss?

you should have a look at the pharmacy forum, its quite helpful for pharmacy!
Reply 13
Got in to do computing at grand parade campus, anything worth knowing about this? any ideas what the phonix brewery halls are like?

cheers mdears
Reply 14
I am currently studying pharmacy in my first year at Brighton and I really like the course, its pretty laid back at the moment, and I'm not finding it too hard. The first term was mainly just a level stuff, but now we have started to get into pharmacology and the like and its really interesting!
pm me if you want to know more! My flatmates rekon I'm such a geek because I big up my course so much, but thats just because I really enjoy it!
Hi Fizzer,

I'm starting pharmacy this summer and I'm a bit anxious about how much chemistry I've forgotten since i did my a-levels 4 and a half years ago! Well I did do a pharmacology degree in between, so i wasn't completely idle.

Can you brief me a little on what I ought to prepare for course wise. And if poss what's the social scene like i.e. within the pharmacy student body?

p.s. I'm ecstatic about coming to Brighton and the uni. I went for the open day ages ago and totally saw myself there!
I do Biosciences at Brighton atm in my first year. There's this one module that all Biosciences, PCS, MPharm and the like which practically covers all of the things you learn in A-level like nerves, metabolism, cell biology etc.. Its the basics to a science-based course and the main aim of the module was to bring everyone to the same fundamental basis so I doubt you'll have any worries =) Welcome to Brighton :smile:

Ooh, sorry didn't read the social side to it of your question. Like I said, I do Biosciences, but I do know that there is a PharmSoc in the uni, (Pharmacy Society) and they have a ball each year. That's as much I know Pharmacy orientated, but its Brighton, and I'm sure you'll find something you'll like here!
"the basics to a science-based course and the main aim of the module was to bring everyone to the same fundamental basis so I doubt you'll have any worries =)"

That's some useful info there.

Thanks.

=)
Reply 18
i'm going to brighton in sept :biggrin: cant waitttt
im going in sept as well!! 08!

Latest

Trending

Trending