Contract law anti ageing cream scenario

Watch
shelby2412
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Scenario - Your firm is acting for a worldwide cosmetics firm called Renlon – they have been in business for over 10 years in the UK and their products have been a big hit with consumers.

Their researchers and product developers have come up with a revolutionary anti-aging cream which has been endorsed and marketed on National TV using models like Michelle Keegan and Kate Moss and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini.
The marketing and adverts claim that ‘visible signs of ageing and wrinkles will be reduced after 12 weeks of continuous use’

Renlon are in process of being sued by Olivia Smythe-Davies, a 30 year old model because she has used the cream in the hope of reducing the signs of ageing and increasing her chances of getting modelling jobs from her agency.
She claims she has not seen any reduction in any wrinkles and her Cosmetic surgeon claims the cream is ‘a load of rubbish’
She also claims that her modelling jobs are still very few.
The case is getting a large amount of media coverage.

Renlon are also being sued by a big department store – House of Glaser because they ordered 200,000 bottles of the cream which have stopped selling since the Olivia Smythe Davies case has been getting media coverage.

Please advise Renlon on both cases

Is there a contract? -

What type of contract? -

Issues -

Advice I would give to the client -
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (639)
48.59%
No (676)
51.41%

Watched Threads