gas leakage! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Don Quixote
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by InterCity125)
Do NOT ever do this. The electricy will flashover - loaded arc on switch off. This spark can set the whole lot off. The switch gap contacts are about 3mm - loading arc can strech to 3 feet - train pantographs have been known to do this.
The gas board advice is not to operate switches AT ALL.
!? Sorry, pay no attention to my above ill-informed post. InterCity saves lives, I endanger them. It's what makes the world go round.
InterCity125
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Don Quixote)
!? Sorry, pay no attention to my above ill-informed post. InterCity saves lives, I endanger them. It's what makes the world go round.
Lol . Easy mistake - common sense tells you to turn things off but it reality it is the opposite. Loaded arc are quite spectacular to see - not common these days but with trains it used to be common. Pantogrpah got weighed down by snow, made occasional contant but created an arc when it lost it - 3 feet was known. Amazing stuff electricity.
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
final destination: kid is on plane; kid has vision of plane exploding; kid runs off plane; friends follow; plane explodes; kids were "supposed" to die, by deaths design; kids die one by one through mysterious and wierd accidents; kids try and escape death by predicting it's moves and avoid death; kids fail; spawn cheap sequel.
sounds...umm...interesting...
Fly By
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lovely_girl)
sounds...umm...interesting...
yay!!!! you're alive!!!

*blows lovely girl a kiss*
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fly By)
yay!!!! you're alive!!!

*blows lovely girl a kiss*
yeah!
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it's compulsive viewing it really is - the best bit is when the lady goes crazy and as she's walking backwards the last thing she says is "Why dont you all just drop dead" and then a bus just comes out of nowhere and hit her - wicked.
Babygal
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
it's compulsive viewing it really is - the best bit is when the lady goes crazy and as she's walking backwards the last thing she says is "Why dont you all just drop dead" and then a bus just comes out of nowhere and hit her - wicked.
It is a great movie, nothing that would happen in real life
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
hmm...maybe i should watch it sometime...
Chima
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
apparently, there's a gas leak in my house...and i should switch off all electricity...open windows and not go to sleep till they come and sort it out...which will take 3 hours! :eek: kinda scared...this has happened before...during the night!!!
THREE HOURS!!! :eek: thas way too long. call the fire service. i had a gas leak in my kichen and the trancso ppl came round in bout 20 mins.
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chima)
THREE HOURS!!! :eek: thas way too long. call the fire service. i had a gas leak in my kichen and the trancso ppl came round in bout 20 mins.
yeah, they told me that they will take about 3 hours :eek: , but they only took 30mins...thank god!
endorf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah, they told me that they will take about 3 hours :eek: , but they only took 30mins...thank god!
i myself am glad you are not dead. it would have been a shame.
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
of course that kind of stuff really happens in life - i'm trying to cheat death all the time - it's out for me it is...it wants me....it wants me!!!!!!!

*backs into corner of his padded safe cell"
Babygal
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
of course that kind of stuff really happens in life - i'm trying to cheat death all the time - it's out for me it is...it wants me....it wants me!!!!!!!

*backs into corner of his padded safe cell"
u bein sarky or something
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by endorf)
i myself am glad you are not dead. it would have been a shame.
<sighs>...im just too young to die now...
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no....just paranoid
Babygal
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
no....just paranoid
thats sad, u should see someone about it
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Willa)
no....just paranoid
I -do- feel sorry for you...i know what you mean(not that i've experienced any paranoia myself)...honestly...
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Babygal)
thats sad, u should see someone about it
exactly...Babygal is right! :eek:
endorf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
no....just paranoid
if you are being serious you need to get professional help. if you are trying to be funny you need to shut up.
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Did anybody see Casual+y ages ago, when there was a gas leak and some stupid guy sparked a fag and...serves him right for smoking. I swear I've seen a gas leak-induced inferno start by someone just flicking on a light switch, but I can't remember the programme/film. :confused:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (23)
17.56%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (52)
39.69%
Nope, not that interesting (56)
42.75%

Watched Threads