The Student Room Group

SOAS or UCL or LSE - Politics or Security Studies

Hi guys - is anyone in the situation where they have to pick between SOAS, UCL and LSE? If so, which one would you pick (international politics SOAS, Security Studies UCL and Conflict Studies LSE)? Is LSE really worth the extra 10K they charge students...?
I don't believe LSE is worth the extra money, but that's just my opinion. Consider asking people in the Postgraduate Applications forum, they may be able to offer you some advice.
Reply 2
Thank you. I'm still new to the student room so trying to figure out how it works!
Can I ask why you would say LSE isn't worth it ? Is it because the academic content is disappointing or you don't think it makes that much difference when you start looking for a job (im looking at the field of international relations/security studies). Thank you!
Original post by Anastasiaw1
Hi guys - is anyone in the situation where they have to pick between SOAS, UCL and LSE? If so, which one would you pick (international politics SOAS, Security Studies UCL and Conflict Studies LSE)? Is LSE really worth the extra 10K they charge students...?

Hiya! CONGRATS! On receiving an offer from SOAS!

What would you like to know about us, what we do, and how you could be a world expert in International Poltics by studying at SOAS.

Make sure you tag me or better yet.. how about answering that question on our official 2016 SOAS Application Thread!

~Mike
Original post by Anastasiaw1
Thank you. I'm still new to the student room so trying to figure out how it works!
Can I ask why you would say LSE isn't worth it ? Is it because the academic content is disappointing or you don't think it makes that much difference when you start looking for a job (im looking at the field of international relations/security studies). Thank you!

LSE has a bit of a reputation for using their master degrees as cash cows, they cost a lot of money and they admit a lot of students - it makes me wonder whether students are getting value for money. I'm not familiar with the subject so I can't comment on that, but if you are interested in the Middle East/Africa/Asia then I imagine SOAS is hard to beat.
Reply 5
Thank you for your feedback.

Quick Reply

Latest