Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the past democracy and representation (1832-1928) questions, please?

ReputationRep:
    There's one or two on the edexcel website I think, not particularly useful though, have you been advised on any questions that might be coming up?, like what to revise for the turning point question? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    my teacher thinks either political writers or effect on party and for turning point 1832 or 67.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, thats a great help thanks.
    You dont happen to be doing Unit Age of Peel on Monday aswell do you? :confused: ,any idea on whats coming up in that, in desperate revision mode at the mo
    Hope you found those past papers on the edexcel site
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    hey sorry no ive already done it and got full marks *gets a big head*
    I love Peel
    maybe something on Disraeli etc? i remember doing alot on that in jan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool_guy769)
    my teacher thinks either political writers or effect on party and for turning point 1832 or 67.
    How would you answer a question on political writers?? That's harsh!

Anyway turning points - 1867 was the specimen, 1884/5 in june 02, WWI in june 03.

Other question (main reason behind reform): fear of popular hostility (specimen), extra-parliamentary pressure, and landed elite's determinatin to hold onto power

ReputationRep:
    fear of popular hostility... wouldnt like that one! The political writers one would be a *****! you talk about how their writings influenced movements like charism, the national reform league, Mill's work on women influenced millicent fawcett then early femist writers. Tom Paine was a bigger writter too, you talk about him and the american civil war and how that influenced 1867. Then you would say however: effects of war, individauls, party advantage, pressure groups, zeigeist for revolutuion and so on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool_guy769)
    fear of popular hostility... wouldnt like that one! The political writers one would be a *****! you talk about how their writings influenced movements like charism, the national reform league, Mill's work on women influenced millicent fawcett then early femist writers. Tom Paine was a bigger writter too, you talk about him and the american civil war and how that influenced 1867. Then you would say however: effects of war, individauls, party advantage, pressure groups, zeigeist for revolutuion and so on
    fear of popular hostility would be ok... because you can interpret it as fear of rioting/revolution (i.e. 1832, and run up to WWI) or fear of being unpopular, and then you turn it into a party/personal advantage question (which would be most of them)

I know nothing about political writers.... seriously, its just not something we do at our school. Is it part of the syllabus?

ReputationRep:
    seriously, we were not taught anything on political writers, it was never even mentioned when we were taught it...i really hope that it wont come up as a question becuase ive only revised the textbook i was given and that has nothing on political writers...so i hope to dear God that it wont come up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4291?!)
    seriously, we were not taught anything on political writers, it was never even mentioned when we were taught it...i really hope that it wont come up as a question becuase ive only revised the textbook i was given and that has nothing on political writers...so i hope to dear God that it wont come up...
    someone's in the same boat as me. I will also cry if 1832 is not the turning point question, as I'm so ready for that. I've got Fascist Italy (Unit 4) straight after, and hope a bad Unit 5 won't put me off.

ReputationRep:
    so you wern't taught political writers either? Is it even part of the syllabus? I hope something like chartism or votes for women or role of the state comes up. I've tried to cover everything, but it just seems to be such a HUGE syllabus- we've got to know all the reform acts, all the pressure groups, all turning points etc....but it is a sources paper....oh well.

ReputationRep:
    These are the two bullet points in the specification off the website:

In what ways did the size and composition of the electorate change in the period?

How did the electoral changes effect the parties?

ReputationRep:
    my teachers went to some meeting about the exam and they talked about political writers and thats why he taught us it, im not sure if you would just link it in with popular pressure or whatever. My teacher can go over the top with depth of stuff we have loads of different text books etc but he gets lots of A's and full marks so i dont complain!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.