Reference request sent but not received? Help!

Watch
jarodcs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I'm in a bit of a panic - I for sure have the correct contact information entered for my chosen reference (student counsellor), and UCAS has sent me an email confirming that they have contacted my counsellor asking for a reference, but my counsellor hasn't received the email. I've tried resending and reentering her email address several times over the past few weeks while checking with her, hoping maybe it would show up or finally work, but so far it hasn't. I've already reached out to UCAS online, but haven't been able to call yet due to timing and costs (I'm in Vancouver, Canada). Am I doing something wrong? Is there somewhere I can contact specifically for Undergraduate Reference issues? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Pardon my anxious rambling. Thanks in advance for any advice!
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jarodcs)
So I'm in a bit of a panic - I for sure have the correct contact information entered for my chosen reference (student counsellor), and UCAS has sent me an email confirming that they have contacted my counsellor asking for a reference, but my counsellor hasn't received the email. I've tried resending and reentering her email address several times over the past few weeks while checking with her, hoping maybe it would show up or finally work, but so far it hasn't. I've already reached out to UCAS online, but haven't been able to call yet due to timing and costs (I'm in Vancouver, Canada). Am I doing something wrong? Is there somewhere I can contact specifically for Undergraduate Reference issues? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Pardon my anxious rambling. Thanks in advance for any advice!
This is probably really basic, but has she checked her spam folder?

If not, as the issue sounds like it could be on her end, I would ask if she would be willing to call or allow you to call from the school building (although timings may still be difficult). If you can call while you're both there, then this may be the quickest way to get the issued resolved.
jarodcs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by SlowlorisIncognito)
This is probably really basic, but has she checked her spam folder?

If not, as the issue sounds like it could be on her end, I would ask if she would be willing to call or allow you to call from the school building (although timings may still be difficult). If you can call while you're both there, then this may be the quickest way to get the issued resolved.
thank you for the reply! I was told pretty much the same thing by UCAS, but the issue was that she has no access to her spam/junk folder - all emails deemed "spam" are filtered out by the school district and deleted. I was only able to resolve this problem by submitting the reference request to her personal gmail instead of the district address.
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jarodcs)
thank you for the reply! I was told pretty much the same thing by UCAS, but the issue was that she has no access to her spam/junk folder - all emails deemed "spam" are filtered out by the school district and deleted. I was only able to resolve this problem by submitting the reference request to her personal gmail instead of the district address.
I'm glad you manged to sort it out. For some reason, UCAS emails seem especially prone to going to people's spam folders, so maybe it's something the school district should look into if anyone's going to be applying via UCAS in future.

Good Luck with you application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (285)
56.21%
I don't have everything I need (222)
43.79%

Watched Threads