The Student Room Group

Is this grounds for a breakup?

Been with my girlfriend around 5 months. Just before we got together she met a guy on tinder who she met up with for sex a couple of times.

She's only just now added him as a friend on facebook. She doesnt know that i know. Im right to think this is suspicious right? If nothing else theyve at least been talking all this time.
Definitely think that's a strange move.
Reply 2
Yeah that does sound a bit dodgy tbf
Reply 3
Ditch that hoe
Id question that massively, probably been talking or something.
This is just me OP but id kick up a fuss, trust is key and if you cant trust her then might as well dump her and move on
Reply 5
Original post by BlackSweetness
Id question that massively, probably been talking or something.
This is just me OP but id kick up a fuss, trust is key and if you cant trust her then might as well dump her and move on

The thing is I don't even want to bring it up and come across as the stalking, jealous, over-protective type. In truth, the only reason I even know who he is is because she showed me a screenshot of his tinder profile way back just before we started dating and I just happened to remember what he looked like. The way I see it, there can not possibly be a good explanation for adding what was supposed to be a random hookup on facebook 5 months after the fact, so I'm thinking it's best to just up and leave. Right or wrong?
You do know you get recommended friends from having people's numbers...

but I'd be suspicious anyway, confront her about it.
Original post by Ab12392
The thing is I don't even want to bring it up and come across as the stalking, jealous, over-protective type. In truth, the only reason I even know who he is is because she showed me a screenshot of his tinder profile way back just before we started dating and I just happened to remember what he looked like. The way I see it, there can not possibly be a good explanation for adding what was supposed to be a random hookup on facebook 5 months after the fact, so I'm thinking it's best to just up and leave. Right or wrong?

Dont just up and leave but be prepared to because worse case scenario is shes talking to him.
Id question it, bf and gf stalk each other its normal, tell her what you saw and if she cant justify it then the decision is yours, but for me in that instance id either leave or be very vigilant.
Break up with her now!!!!!
Reply 9
Talk to her about it first
overreact much. she probably doesn't even see that it's wrong. You are the one who has decided that this is a problem.

Don't "confront", don't be aggressive. If you really feel like you must talk to her about it, do so calmly and respectfully. Because if you can't treat her with respect, you clearly don't care for her much to begin with, and that is a reason to break up in itself.
There are no agreed upon rules when it comes to relationships. You decide on your own rules. You create your own rules, things that work for you, things that you'll accept and things that you won't. These rules that you set for yourself won't be the same for everyone. For example, some people are happy for their girlfriends to talk to and have sex with other men, some people don't mind if their girlfriends have had sex with dozens of other people. Some people don't want their partners to talk to anyone from the opposite gender. Some people consider texting cheating. Do you see my point here? There are no real rules when it comes to relationships. Any rules that exist are totally arbitrary, they're all made up.

So, take a look at your situation and you have to decide if you're okay with it, because you have your own set of rules for how people should behave in relationships. If she breaks your rules, then you might have a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending