Indoor surveillance Watch

Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
There are a couple indoor surveillance cameras in each section of our building. I'm not sure if they're switched on. I have my doubts.

Anyway, if they are indeed functional, is there any requirement for the estate agent who rents out the building to have us consent to be videographed in our day to day lives?

Keron
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by keromedic)
There are a couple indoor surveillance cameras in each section of our building. I'm not sure if they're switched on. I have my doubts.

Anyway, if they are indeed functional, is there any requirement for the estate agent who rents out the building to have us consent to be videographed in our day to day lives?

Keron
Residential or commercial?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Residential or commercial?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Residential. Converted care home. Kinda like a hall of residence.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Residential. Converted care home. Kinda like a hall of residence.
In communal areas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
?
In communal areas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yea. The two hallways and the kitchen and living room.

The last two I don't mind too much but don't care for the hallways as I don't like the idea of video of me with my towel exiting the bathroom.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yea. The two hallways and the kitchen and living room.

The last two I don't mind too much but don't care for the hallways as I don't like the idea of video of me with my towel exiting the bathroom.
Then they are well within their rights as long as they comply with data protection.

Put some clothes on if you don't want to be seen in a towel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
?
Then they are well within their rights as long as they comply with data protection.

Put some clothes on if you don't want to be seen in a towel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are interior hallways always within each section really considered the type of common area where landlords can put such cameras? If it were an apartment building, I could appreciate the hallways outside the apartment but inside feels rather invasive. Especially as it wasn't pointed out previously.
Rossy167
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My stepdad has cameras set up in our lounge, 2 in the back garden and 2 out the front. I feel you bro.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are interior hallways always within each section really considered the type of common area where landlords can put such cameras? If it were an apartment building, I could appreciate the hallways outside the apartment but inside feels rather invasive. Especially as it wasn't pointed out previously.
They common areas for all the tenants. It is more than likely that they are not monitored and the videos would only be viewed if there was a problem.

I don't think there is a legal obligation to point them out but for best practice I think they should have been.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (190)
24.05%
Pop (192)
24.3%
Jazz (30)
3.8%
Classical (46)
5.82%
Hip-Hop (150)
18.99%