Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Photo Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Me two fave photos..both taken from my back garden sometime last year...lovely ain't it! Here's the first..second coming in a mo....

G
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    And the second...

G
    Attached Images

On holiday last year i remember being on a boat, it was like a 3 day going around looking at whales, snorkelling etc thing, anyway at night time they had the best sun sets and everyone would go outside and sit on the top of the boat watching it, if only i had a scanner i could show it to you all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    But you got piggy rep, what more could you want. Don't worry i'll lay off the rep whoring now, i'm content.
    Whore

It's been seen before, but this view is still one of my favourites (I have others IRL, but the scanner is dead ) The other is the house I lived in in Switzerland - isn't it the most perfect chocolate-box little thing? Oh, it was adorable

Nice sunglasses there GHT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Whore

It's been seen before, but this view is still one of my favourites (I have others IRL, but the scanner is dead ) The other is the house I lived in in Switzerland - isn't it the most perfect chocolate-box little thing? Oh, it was adorable
    whihc one is you?

(Original post by Fly By)
    whihc one is you?
    The one on the far right.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, and this is Acapulco bay. I didn't actually take this one; I nicked it off the CD our group leader sent round, but I do have similar ones of my own.

Oh and Fly By - I'm on the right in the sunglasses and the huge ski jacket.

ReputationRep:
    I like this thread, there's something erotic about seeing other peoples pictures and how they like to view the outside world. Damn I've gone and made a mess.

Oooh, and this is Acapulco bay.
    I have better pictures than that, i just can't show you all.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, and this is Acapulco bay. I didn't actually take this one; I nicked it off the CD our group leader sent round, but I do have similar ones of my own.

Oh and Fly By - I'm on the right in the sunglasses and the huge ski jacket.
    Is that the angel of Rio I see in the distance? Sorry for my poor geography?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Furtive)
    Is that the angel of Rio I see in the distance? Sorry for my poor geography?
    No, it's a very large cross on top of one of the sides of the bay mouth. Rio is in Brazil; Acapulco is in Mexico

You can see it better in this picture. All those buildings are either very large and exclusive hotels, or famous people's houses. I think one of them is/used to be Michael Jackson's, and I'm sure I was told about the others but can't remember

ReputationRep:
    No, it's a very large cross on top of one of the sides of the bay mouth. Rio is in Brazil; Acapulco is in Mexico

You can see it better in this picture. All those buildings are either very large and exclusive hotels, or famous people's houses. I think one of them is/used to be Michael Jackson's, and I'm sure I was told about the others but can't remember
    Thank you for that.
    I haven't travelled much yet because I'm young and poor. But when that changes there's a lot of places I do wish to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Furtive)
    Thank you for that.
    I haven't travelled much yet because I'm young and poor. But when that changes there's a lot of places I do wish to see.
    Oh, Mexico and Switzerland are the only two exciting places I've been. And I was working in Switzerland so it doesn't really count as a holiday. Mexico was expensive to get to but so, so worth it! And everything was really cheap once we got there

ReputationRep:
    Oh, Mexico and Switzerland are the only two exciting places I've been. And I was working in Switzerland so it doesn't really count as a holiday. Mexico was expensive to get to but so, so worth it! And everything was really cheap once we got there
    how mnay continents ahve you been?

ReputationRep:
    how mnay continents ahve you been?
    Europe (Germany, France, Belgium, Switzerland, the Channel Islands) and North America (Boston & New York, and Mexico).

ReputationRep:
    Europe (Germany, France, Belgium, Switzerland, the Channel Islands) and North America (Boston & New York, and Mexico).
    oh wicked, i wish i've been to so many places. i love to travel but i'm too poor

but i've been to asia though

ReputationRep:
    oh wicked, i wish i've been to so many places. i love to travel but i'm too poor

but i've been to asia though
    It's not that spectacular compared with some people. I have relatives in Germany, so I have visited them quite a lot, and used to have some in Paris but they moved when I was about 7, so only got one trip there. Belgium was on a school trip to the battlefields (very good, recommend it to anyone interested in History) and I also went to France on an orchestra tour. Switzerland was working in my gap year, as I said.

Boston & New York was a trip with the school choir and orchestra - was quite expensive, but my parents paid in installments and I'm so glad I went. It was in 1999, so I still have photos of my friends and me in front of the old New York skyline, when I get a functioning scanner I will post them.

Mexico was with Guides (well, Rangers really) and was very expensive, but I fundraised for it and got a couple of grants. So all in all, a lot of school/other organised trips, and not so much just holidays. Oh, my family went to Tenerife last year as well, but that sucked except for learning to scuba dive :cool:

ReputationRep:
    It's not that spectacular compared with some people. I have relatives in Germany, so I have visited them quite a lot, and used to have some in Paris but they moved when I was about 7, so only got one trip there. Belgium was on a school trip to the battlefields (very good, recommend it to anyone interested in History) and I also went to France on an orchestra tour. Switzerland was working in my gap year, as I said.

Boston & New York was a trip with the school choir and orchestra - was quite expensive, but my parents paid in installments and I'm so glad I went. It was in 1999, so I still have photos of my friends and me in front of the old New York skyline, when I get a functioning scanner I will post them.

Mexico was with Guides (well, Rangers really) and was very expensive, but I fundraised for it and got a couple of grants. So all in all, a lot of school/other organised trips, and not so much just holidays. Oh, my family went to Tenerife last year as well, but that sucked except for learning to scuba dive :cool:
    hehe cool, well thats a good thing about having families all over the world. an excuse to go on holiday!

but i would love to go to all those places..

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, forgot this one. This little guy is as well-travelled as I am; he's been everywhere with me, and was adopted as our group mascot in Mexico!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.