The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

University of East London Psychology Applicants

Hello everyone,
Just got my offer for psychology at UEL. Has anyone else applied/got offers too?
I'm at UEL doing psychology at the moment, I wouldn't recommend going xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Oh really? How comes is it not very good then?? X
The lecturers are so so so nice and supportive, I can't fault them, well.. Some of them :P but the university itself is so unorganised. I had an exam on Thursday afternoon, and they told me what room I was in Wednesday night around 10pm, after asking for weeks where I was with no answer. You'll get charged £10 if you leave your room and forget your keys just to be let back in again. Freshers was terrible they had hardly anything organised. If you're on the Stratford campus there is a bus that'll take you, but you'll be 30 minutes early for your lecture, and also once the bus is full that's it, so for a 9am lecture you have to be at the bus stop by 7:30 to actually get a space on the 8am bus, it gets tiring quickly. So if you miss that you have to pay to get to uni which becomes so expensive, the last bus is at 5:15, so you can't spend time and actually use the books you need to after your last lecture, and your attendance has to stay at 75% or above or they'll send you really nasty emails telling you you're getting kicked off the course. And it's in a really rough area and a night out is near impossible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by AdorableDrip
The lecturers are so so so nice and supportive, I can't fault them, well.. Some of them :P but the university itself is so unorganised. I had an exam on Thursday afternoon, and they told me what room I was in Wednesday night around 10pm, after asking for weeks where I was with no answer. You'll get charged £10 if you leave your room and forget your keys just to be let back in again. Freshers was terrible they had hardly anything organised. If you're on the Stratford campus there is a bus that'll take you, but you'll be 30 minutes early for your lecture, and also once the bus is full that's it, so for a 9am lecture you have to be at the bus stop by 7:30 to actually get a space on the 8am bus, it gets tiring quickly. So if you miss that you have to pay to get to uni which becomes so expensive, the last bus is at 5:15, so you can't spend time and actually use the books you need to after your last lecture, and your attendance has to stay at 75% or above or they'll send you really nasty emails telling you you're getting kicked off the course. And it's in a really rough area and a night out is near impossible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is sooooo useful!! I got an unconditional offer for psychology at uel and I wasn't really sure about it so this kinda stuff is really useful. Why is it near impossible for a night out and how long is the commute into central London? Are you glad you went there and if not, where do you wish you went instead? :smile: hopefully it's not too bad for you haha
Reply 5
Original post by ekhhh
This is sooooo useful!! I got an unconditional offer for psychology at uel and I wasn't really sure about it so this kinda stuff is really useful. Why is it near impossible for a night out and how long is the commute into central London? Are you glad you went there and if not, where do you wish you went instead? :smile: hopefully it's not too bad for you haha

Central london is very close to east london.
Original post by Nununu
Central london is very close to east london.

And with the DLR strikes always happening and then having to take about 4 night buses home it's just stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ekhhh

In the day it takes a bit 50 minutes to get into central London, longer when it's busy. A night out is either central London or Romford, and obviously the DLR and tubes shut around 1, so then from central London it's about 4 buses and around 2 hours back, so if you left at 2 you won't be getting back until around 4 :/ No! I hate it here, I'm transferring in September :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah this really is helpful thanks so much, it's great to hear from someone who's actually been there and experiencing it rather than reading the website. I was seriously considering coming here but now I know I shouldn't so thank you!
Original post by megankatiewalsh
Yeah this really is helpful thanks so much, it's great to hear from someone who's actually been there and experiencing it rather than reading the website. I was seriously considering coming here but now I know I shouldn't so thank you!

It's really up to you but there's about 9 people on my course who are transferring because of the issues the university have, but some people I've heard are really enjoying it, but I've heard much better things about other universities

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh okay, yeah I mean I'll think about it but I do have other choices I like. Are there any you would recommend in the sort of same area that you've heard good things about?
Original post by megankatiewalsh
Oh okay, yeah I mean I'll think about it but I do have other choices I like. Are there any you would recommend in the sort of same area that you've heard good things about?

I haven't really looked at any other london uni's, sorry. My friend is transferring to Westminster if that's any help? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending