The Student Room Group

My life is completely turned upside down

Hello everyone. I spent almost my whole life in Norway, finished middle school there and freshmen year there as well. About 2 years ago me and my family impulsivly moved to Dubai, for 2 years I have been taught GCSE Internation AS Level in 3 Subjects; Business Studies, Psychology and English Language. Yesterday I was informed while applying for a university that I need 7 subjects, although I was told Any university will accept me if I take minimum 3 A levels. Please I need some help I feel like my life is just miserable at the moment and I am so confused. P.S. Is it possible combining my Freshmen year Norwegian highschool subjects with my AS/A level? By the way I have never done IGSCE. Please respond...
Original post by Mohamed1204
Hello everyone. I spent almost my whole life in Norway, finished middle school there and freshmen year there as well. About 2 years ago me and my family impulsivly moved to Dubai, for 2 years I have been taught GCSE Internation AS Level in 3 Subjects; Business Studies, Psychology and English Language. Yesterday I was informed while applying for a university that I need 7 subjects, although I was told Any university will accept me if I take minimum 3 A levels. Please I need some help I feel like my life is just miserable at the moment and I am so confused. P.S. Is it possible combining my Freshmen year Norwegian highschool subjects with my AS/A level? By the way I have never done IGSCE. Please respond...

I'm a bit confused by what you've written but I'll try and answer what I understand. Firstly, there's so such thing as a "GCSE international AS Level" - GCSEs are qualifications you normally take in UK Year 11 (i.e. when you're 15/16) and AS Levels are qualifications you normally take in UK Year 12 (i.e. when you're 16/17). There is no minimum number of GCSEs required, although most people will have more than 7 - that does not mean you have to have more than 7 GCSEs to get into university, particularly if you're an international applicant. The most important thing is that you have a C grade or above in GCSE English and Maths since most universities will not accept you without that, or an equivalent.

To get into most universities in the UK, you need three A Level qualifications (i.e. the qualification you normally take in UK Year 13, when you're 17/18).

Hope this helps, if I've misunderstood something please let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending