Koss1959
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello, my name is Lee, I'm 23. I'm starting BIMM London this year studying Creative Musicianship for guitar. Just looking to make a few friends ahead of the rush. Anyone else out there doing the same course?
Koss1959
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Still interested in hearing from people!
sorig
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
yo! i just got an offer for music business
lamboasis
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I got an offer for Music Business!
Koss1959
Rep:
Nice, well done. If you accept, stay in touch. I want to get everything sorted as soon as I can, really. Anyone else going to BIMM London?
Lynxy
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hi guys!
I got offers in Music Business and Music Event Management and wanted to check out if there's anyone I'll be possibly studying with I haven't accepted any of those yet, but I think I will choose Event Management.
lamboasis
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Koss1959)
Nice, well done. If you accept, stay in touch. I want to get everything sorted as soon as I can, really. Anyone else going to BIMM London?
I'll probably accept, but still undecided with the University of Hertfordshire

Guys, if you want to add me on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/whatever message me
sorig
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
ive been doing a little too much overthinking the past couple days... i was dead set on going to bimm and i still kind of am? so i filled up my choices with *****y unis like london met because i didnt care and there arent that many places in london where you can study music business. and now i have this terrible feeling that i made a giant mistake and should have applied to a proper and good university. i know bimm is cheaper than regular universities but i feel like i will be missing out on all the benefits like a student union, sports, an actual campus with a library and places to eat.....the whole experience. i'm an international student so i couldnt/cant go to any open days and went through the application process on my own. to me, it looks like bimm works more like a school than a university. anyone here have the same doubts or (better!) thinks bimm really is the bomb dot com and can calm me down a little?
lamboasis
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sorig)
ive been doing a little too much overthinking the past couple days... i was dead set on going to bimm and i still kind of am? so i filled up my choices with *****y unis like london met because i didnt care and there arent that many places in london where you can study music business. and now i have this terrible feeling that i made a giant mistake and should have applied to a proper and good university. i know bimm is cheaper than regular universities but i feel like i will be missing out on all the benefits like a student union, sports, an actual campus with a library and places to eat.....the whole experience. i'm an international student so i couldnt/cant go to any open days and went through the application process on my own. to me, it looks like bimm works more like a school than a university. anyone here have the same doubts or (better!) thinks bimm really is the bomb dot com and can calm me down a little?
Yes, BIMM is not a proper University. If you wanted that kind of experience you should have choose another Uni.

On the other hand it's smaller, That means class are small and you get to know your professors, that will be your link to the industry. Plus the school is full of musicians (James Bay, The Kooks, George Ezra and musicians who worked with Radiohead, One Direction, Adele ect attended one of BIMM's colleges) and you also have the opportunity to do industry placement and I read 80% of students work in the industry after 6 months
laurjames
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lynxy)
Hi guys!
I got offers in Music Business and Music Event Management and wanted to check out if there's anyone I'll be possibly studying with I haven't accepted any of those yet, but I think I will choose Event Management.
Hey! Im thinking of doing either the music events management or music business course.. have no idea which one!! I'm Lauren by the way
Rcknrll182
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hi guys! I got an offer for music event management but can't decide if it's better this course or music management in uwl... any suggestion?
lamboasis
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rcknrll182)
Hi guys! I got an offer for music event management but can't decide if it's better this course or music management in uwl... any suggestion?
It is quite different. Music Management is closer to Music Business. Anyway, I got an offer both from BIMM and UWL and I chose BIMM
Rcknrll182
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lamboasis)
It is quite different. Music Management is closer to Music Business. Anyway, I got an offer both from BIMM and UWL and I chose BIMM
I still have time, only got 4 replies out of 5 so far... I'm going crazy to figure out which one is better!
I also got into music production...
How did you decide which course to pick?!
Mtd1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hi I'm stuck deciding whether to go to bimm or icmp. I'll be doing creative musicianship vocals. What are people's thoughts on both unis?
Sebsation
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Just got an offer for the songwriting diploma course at BIMM London. Very excited!
lamboasis
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I finally chose BIMM! Anyone doing the Music Business course?
Ceciiversen
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Koss1959)
Hello, my name is Lee, I'm 23. I'm starting BIMM London this year studying Creative Musicianship for guitar. Just looking to make a few friends ahead of the rush. Anyone else out there doing the same course?
I am! My name is Cecilie, Norwegian, 19 (turn 20 this year) and taking the Creative Musicianship course for vocals
lamboasis
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I finally chose BIMM
We could start a Facebook group (BIMM 2016 or something)
Rcknrll182
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm still struggling between bimm and uwl but hopefully will decide after next's week open day
CarrieJane
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lamboasis)
Yes, BIMM is not a proper University. If you wanted that kind of experience you should have choose another Uni.

On the other hand it's smaller, That means class are small and you get to know your professors, that will be your link to the industry. Plus the school is full of musicians (James Bay, The Kooks, George Ezra and musicians who worked with Radiohead, One Direction, Adele ect attended one of BIMM's colleges) and you also have the opportunity to do industry placement and I read 80% of students work in the industry after 6 months
Hi!

If it helps, I've already been at BIMM for a year doing the diploma and will be doing the degree next year, although these things are true, BIMM is brilliant at putting on networking event and stuff that 'proper uni's' do I'd say theres at least 2 things a week to go and do, also everyone is so close that actually it doesn't matter that you don't have halls! If you truly love music and want to be in the industry then BIMM is the right place for you hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (226)
42.24%
The paper was reasonable (228)
42.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
8.97%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
6.17%

Watched Threads