The Student Room Group

Stuck on finance assignment (SHARE VALUATION METHODS)

Hi,

I have some Finance coursework I'm really struggling with.

Cineworld Plc has been performing well for a number of years but some recent press reports have begun to recommend selling the shares as they are querying their performance in the UK compared with other cinema chains, and also their plans for Eastern Europe.
Cineworld Plc operate under the names of Cineworld, Picturehouse (including the Duke of York’s and Komedia in Brighton) and Cinema City chains.
Their market capitalisation is £1.42 billion and they have a market position of 214th out of the 1,959 listed companies. They are in the FTSE 250, 350 and All Share indices.
Their share price in 2010 was under £2 and this November is £5.34 at the time of writing, with a dividend yield of 1.88%. The 52 week range has been £3.50 to £5.99.
Of the five brokers currently consulted four have them as a ‘buy’ and one as a ‘hold’. Interestingly none of these five are recommending selling.

You are required to: provide a variety (at least five) of possible share valuations for Cineworld Plc as at the end of February 2016 for an existing investor in a small number of shares.

Has anyone got any ideas on where to start with the formula for any of these methods? Which numbers do I use for each of these formulas?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending