The Student Room Group

Help Please.. Urgent - Cinematography

Hello guys, I'm a mature (24 years old) portuguese student, looking forward to study in the UK this year, for the past 5 years I've done two technical courses here in Portugal (one in photography, other in Audio visuals with focus on film). My ambition is to be a cinematographer, although I have interest in other areas (directing, screenwriting, editing, etc). The deadline is approaching but I still not sure about my uni choices. I really want to know what is the bests film courses for an inspiring cinematographer with also interest in the areas that I refer.

Thank you very much!
Original post by antojpbaeta
Hello guys, I'm a mature (24 years old) portuguese student, looking forward to study in the UK this year, for the past 5 years I've done two technical courses here in Portugal (one in photography, other in Audio visuals with focus on film). My ambition is to be a cinematographer, although I have interest in other areas (directing, screenwriting, editing, etc). The deadline is approaching but I still not sure about my uni choices. I really want to know what is the bests film courses for an inspiring cinematographer with also interest in the areas that I refer.

Thank you very much!

Hi there- If you're looking to study in the UK then I think that's a great decision! We have some really great courses and schools here. At Met Film School in London we run very practical undergraduate courses in filmmaking- with specific modules around cinematography. Every student gets experience of the various roles needed on set and if you are looking for a course where you'll be exposed to these skills, whilst learning from a team of industry-professional tutors, I think you should visit our website and find out more about what we do: www.metfilmschool.ac.uk. If you have any specific questions about the course just let me know and good luck with your search! :smile:

Lauren
(MFS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending